Why Dont I Strive To Do Paath?

Guest Lazy_git

Guest Lazy_git

Im feel ashamed. Before i used to do alot of paath and i used to have a longing for amrit, then i started wanting to do more paath, my laziness stopped that from happening. then my paath amount startedc going down but i still felt guilty about mot doing enough and still wanted amrit, i still wanted to atleast try to get up at amritvela. but now i dont want to id ont want do anything good anymore, i dont knwo wats wrong with me all i do is stare at forums all day long but thats not helping my sprituality pls help me get that longng back. pls help me do paath no.gif

Guest Guest

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Bhenji/Bhaaji it is evident that u know that u should be wanting to paath, and u want yourself to strive to do paath, so much so that u are askin for help from the sangat... i think the best way is therefore to just do it... keep doing as much paath as u can, even if you dont feel that u are enjoying it, or really obtaining true anand... just keep doing it and constantly do ardaas to Guroo Ji to help you come back on track and bring back that longing to do more and more paath...

Guroo Ji will do His kirpa... maybe He wants u to want it real bad in order to make u realise how lucky u are to have that yearning in the first place....

I went thru a similar stage... I used to get up at Amritvela all the time... i was really good and began thinking... 'whoa this is kinda easy... i always manage to get up at Amritvela and never miss it... dunno why people say its so hard'.... then that was it.... i began frequently missing Amritvela.... even tho i tried i was never able to get up... i realised my mistake and prayed sincerely.... i began appreciating more how important Amritvela was and realised how lucky i was to be able to get up so easily before and how i didnt value the kirpa Guroo Ji was doing on me at the time......even tho i didnt mean for it to, my hankaar got in the way... similarly even if u didnt intend for it to do so, your laziness has prevented you from growing spiritually and you weren't able to look after the grace Guroo Ji was blessing u with at the time.....

no worries though... you seem to have realised your mistake.... pray to Guroo Ji with a humble heart and I'm sure you will be able to come back on track..... :TH:

Hope advice has helped... and sorry if i offended you in any way....

Guest Jasbir Kaur Villaschi

Bhenji/Bhaaji it is evident that u know that u should be wanting to paath, and u want yourself to strive to do paath, so much so that u are askin for help from the sangat... i think the best way is therefore to just do it... keep doing as much paath as u can, even if you dont feel that u are enjoying it, or really obtaining true anand... just keep doing it and constantly do ardaas to Guroo Ji to help you come back on track and bring back that longing to do more and more paath...

Guroo Ji will do His kirpa... maybe He wants u to want it real bad in order to make u realise how lucky u are to have that yearning in the first place....

I went thru a similar stage... I used to get up at Amritvela all the time... i was really good and began thinking... 'whoa this is kinda easy... i always manage to get up at Amritvela and never miss it... dunno why people say its so hard'.... then that was it.... i began frequently missing Amritvela.... even tho i tried i was never able to get up... i realised my mistake and prayed sincerely.... i began appreciating more how important Amritvela was and realised how lucky i was to be able to get up so easily before and how i didnt value the kirpa Guroo Ji was doing on me at the time......even tho i didnt mean for it to, my hankaar got in the way... similarly even if u didnt intend for it to do so, your laziness has prevented you from growing spiritually and you weren't able to look after the grace Guroo Ji was blessing u with at the time.....

no worries though... you seem to have realised your mistake.... pray to Guroo Ji with a humble heart and I'm sure you will be able to come back on track..... :TH:

Hope advice has helped... and sorry if i offended you in any way....

110183[/snapback]

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Piare Veer te bhen jeo,

Apney Guru ji has given us many many warnings against ahankar and haumai .... He has said in Sukhmani Sahib that if we consider that WE are doing something nothing will be achieved by us .... but when we recieve true budhi that Waheguru is true karnehar with his Grace filled glance then all our desires will be realised ....

Both of you have mentioned in the first stages of cha YOU achieved Amritvela easily, then suddenly then evrything went awry .... our man is so chaalak it sneaks in these thoughts and we lose our foothold. Please when you do your ardas at night ask to be blessed with rememberence of the eternal One ... on waking remain with your eyes closed and loving recite Dhan DHan SHri Guru Granth SAhib ji five times before opening eyes and getting on with morning routines... this way Gursikh say we will be in tune with our task sooner...

Wishing you Anand despite being in this ocean of fire

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

on waking remain with your eyes closed and loving recite Dhan DHan SHri Guru Granth SAhib ji five times before opening eyes and getting on with morning routines...

Bhenjee, very true... Master Niranjan Singh Jee Shromani Katha Vaachik always said this as well... it keeps our mind attuned to Waheguroo and ensures that we remain in the right frame of mind throughout the day ... pray.gif

Veerjee who started this post.... todays Hukamnama (23/07) from Darbar Sahib seems very appropriate too.... it is a shabad we should all repeat:

DnwsrI mhlw 4 ]

hm AMDuly AMD ibKY ibKu rwqy ikau cwlh gur cwlI ]

sqguru dieAw kry suKdwqw hm lwvY Awpn pwlI ]1]

gurisK mIq clhu gur cwlI ]

jo guru khY soeI Bl mwnhu hir hir kQw inrwlI ]1] rhwau ]

hir ky sMq suxhu jn BweI guru syivhu byig bygwlI ]

sqguru syiv Krcu hir bwDhu mq jwxhu Awju ik kwl@I ]2]

hir ky sMq jphu hir jpxw hir sMqu clY hir nwlI ]

ijn hir jipAw sy hir hoey hir imilAw kyl kylwlI ]3]

hir hir jpnu jip loc luocwnI hir ikrpw kir bnvwlI ]

jn nwnk sMgiq swD hir mylhu hm swD jnw pg rwlI ]4]4]

Dhanaasaree, Fourth Mehl:

I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru's Path?

If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. ||1||

O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru's Path.

Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. ||1||Pause||

O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now!

Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord's Path; pack them up, and don't think of today or tomorrow. ||2||

O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord's Name; the Lord's Saints walk with the Lord.

Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. ||3||

To chant the chant of the Lord's Name, Har, Har, is the longing I long for; have Mercy upon me, O Lord of the world-forest.

O Lord, unite servant Nanak with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; make me the dust of the feet of the Holy. ||4||4||

:)pray.gifpray.gif :doh:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

AMg 460

ang 460

Page 460

Awsw mhlw 5 ]

aasaa mehulaa 5

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

vM\u myry Awlsw hir pwis bynµqI ]

vunnj maerae aalusaa har paas baenunthee

Be gone, O my laziness, that I may pray to the Lord.

rwvau shu AwpnVw pRB sMig sohMqI ]

raavo suhu aapunurraa prubh sung sohunthee

I enjoy my Husband Lord, and look beautiful with my God.

sMgy sohMqI kMq suAwmI idnsu rYxI rwvIAY ]

sungae sohunthee kunth suaamee dhinus rainee raaveeai

I look beautiful in the Company of my Husband Lord; I enjoy my Lord Master day and night.

swis swis icqwir jIvw pRBu pyiK hir gux gwvIAY ]

saas saas chithaar jeevaa prubh paekh har gun gaaveeai

I live by remembering God with each and every breath, beholding the Lord, and singing His Glorious Praises.

ibrhw ljwieAw drsu pwieAw Aimau idRsit isMcMqI ]

birehaa lujaaeiaa dhurus paaeiaa amio dhrisatt sinchunthee

The pain of separation has grown shy, for I have obtained the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; His Ambrosial Glance of Grace has filled me with bliss.

ibnvMiq nwnku myrI ieC puMnI imly ijsu KojMqI ]1]

binuvunth naanuk maeree eish punnee milae jis khojunthee

Prays Nanak, my desires are fulfilled; I have met the One I was seeking. ||1||

nis vM\hu iklivKhu krqw Gir AwieAw ]

nas vunnjuhu kilavikhuhu kuruthaa ghar aaeiaa

Run away, O sins; the Creator has entered my home.

dUqh dhnu BieAw goivMdu pRgtwieAw ]

dhootheh dhehun bhaeiaa govindh pruguttaaeiaa

The demons within me have been burnt; the Lord of the Universe has revealed Himself to me.

pRgty gupwl goibMd lwln swDsMig vKwixAw ]

pruguttae gupaal gobindh laalun saadhusung vukhaaniaa

The Beloved Lord of the Universe, the Lord of the World has revealed Himself; in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I chant His Name.

Awcrju fITw Aimau vUTw gur pRswdI jwixAw ]

aachuruj ddeethaa amio voothaa gur prusaadhee jaaniaa

I have seen the Wondrous Lord; He showers His Ambrosial Nectar upon me, and by Guru's Grace, I know Him.

min sWiq AweI vjI vDweI nh AMqu jweI pwieAw ]

man saath aaee vujee vudhaaee neh anth jaaee paaeiaa

My mind is at peace, resounding with the music of bliss; the Lord's limits cannot be found.

ibnvMiq nwnk suK shij mylw pRBU Awip bxwieAw ]2]

binuvunth naanuk sukh sehaj maelaa prubhoo aap bunaaeiaa

Prays Nanak, God brings us to union with Himself, in the poise of celestial peace. ||2||

nrk n fITiVAw ismrq nwrwiex ]

nuruk n ddeetharriaa simuruth naaraaein

They do not have to see hell, if they remember the Lord in meditation.

jY jY Drmu kry dUq Bey plwiex ]

jai jai dhurum kurae dhooth bheae pulaaein

The Righteous Judge of Dharma applauds them, and the Messenger of Death runs away from them.

Drm DIrj shj suKIey swDsMgiq hir Bjy ]

dhurum dheeruj sehuj sukheeeae saadhusungath har bhujae

Dharmic faith, patience, peace and poise are obtained by vibrating upon the Lord in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

kir AnugRhu rwiK lIny moh mmqw sB qjy ]

kar anugruhu raakh leenae moh mumuthaa subh thujae

Showering His Blessings, He saves those who renounce all attachments and egotism.

gih kMiT lwey guir imlwey goivMd jpq AGwiex ]

gehi kunth laaeae gur milaaeae govindh juputh aghaaein

The Lord embraces us; the Guru unites us with Him. Meditating on the Lord of the Universe, we are satisfied.

ibnvMiq nwnk ismir suAwmI sgl Aws pujwiex ]3]

binuvunth naanuk simar suaamee sugul aas pujaaein

Prays Nanak, remembering the Lord and Master in meditation, all hopes are fulfilled. ||3||

iniD isiD crx ghy qw kyhw kwVw ]

nidh sidh churun gehae thaa kaehaa kaarraa

Grasping the Lord's Feet, the treasure of the Siddhas, what suffering can I feel?

sBu ikCu vis ijsY so pRBU AswVw ]

subh kish vas jisai so prubhoo asaarraa

Everything is in His Power - He is my God.

gih Bujw lIny nwm dIny kru Dwir msqik rwiKAw ]

gehi bhujaa leenae naam dheenae kur dhaar musuthak raakhiaa

Holding me the the arm, He blesses me with His Name; placing His Hand upon my forehead, He saves me.

sMswr swgru nh ivAwpY Aimau hir rsu cwiKAw ]

sunsaar saagur neh viaapai amio har rus chaakhiaa

The world-ocean does not trouble me, for I have drunk the sublime elixir of the Lord.

swDsMgy nwm rMgy rxu jIiq vfw AKwVw ]

saadhusungae naam rungae run jeeth vuddaa akhaarraa

In the Saadh Sangat, imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, I am victorious on the great battlefield of life.

ibnvMiq nwnk srix suAwmI bhuiV jim n aupwVw ]4]3]12]

binuvunth naanuk suran suaamee buhurr jam n oupaarraa

Prays Nanak, I have entered the Sanctuary of the Lord and Master; the Messenger of Death shall not destroy me again. ||4||3||12||

• 15 years later...