Simran..

naam_jap

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have been reading a lot of posts about general affairs of life. But I havent seen many posts about your inspiration/personal experiences with the Guru.

I would like everyone to share your experiences with the Guru. How you feel while reading bani ? what inspires you? anything you can think of , that is benefit to the sangat.

**moved to gupt section**

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meeeee!!!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Glad sum1 started dis thread.... shame its not filled wit responses tho.... we menna b Guru's Sikhs yet we ave no experiences 2 recall wit our Guru..... :doh: ......... no.gif ......... cry_smile.gif

anyways here is sumfink me can recall...once, like ages ago, i was only like 13/14 yrs old....it was a wkend and me cousins were all stayin ova... normally on Sunday mornins me and me immediate family all usually went 2 da Gurdwara but dat day, as mum was making food and stuff for evry1, evryfing was hectic and we werent all gonna go as a family 2 da Gurdwara... but me sister said dat she wanted 2 go but she said she not wanna go on her own so she made my mum force me 2 go wit her.....at da time I was like arrrrghhhhhhhh.........me wanted to stay at home and chill with me cuszns....wat was me thinkin.......wat a prat i was... wantin to stay at home wit me cuszns rather dan visitin my Guru Ji?!! no.gif

anyways....wen i got to the Gurdwara, boy was i glad..... one of me fave keertani jathas was doin keertan......... <_< .... woohoooo..... so me sat down and was listenin 2 keertan.... really amazin... in raag.... and even tho there was not much sangat.... I was in anand man.....it was soooooo goood... me dunno wot came ova me..... me knows that i could not actually see nething around me during the diwaan...just like bright light and that was it... other than dat me can not actually rememba nethin about da time... not even all the shabads....just dat "pootha maata kee aasees" was one of da shabads.... i dunno wat i was doin but all the peeps around me obviously realised i was in da zone.... (lol) .... cos after da programme when me had finished me langar evry1 was smilin at me and even da jatha came up 2 me and started chattin to me....askin me whether i did keertan and dat... i was like what???? whooaaaaaa!!! .......one of me fave jathas had came up 2 me and said fateh to me and now was chattin to me?!?!?!?!?....... <_< @

I have no idea wat Guru Ji did 2 me dat day man, but it was amazing... first time was at one wit Guru Ji..... didnt have a clue wat was happenin around me... completely forgot about all me worries.... and me cuszns sittin back at home.... :)

shame it didnt last long tho.... now me is longin for dat experience again........ pray.gif

neways....dat was me experience....I'm sure lots of yous do ave sumfing too, so pls pls pls do share wit rest of Sangat......... pray.gif

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

ok here goes.....its rely short but it was amazing.....VAHEGURU.....

er.well on day, i tink i was bout 15 or 16 or summat yeh and i was going through a rely bad time arguing with parents..school, i cnt rely remeber wt was rong now but i do remember i was reeeeeeeeli upset, cryin and cryin ma eyes out, nway im in ma room cryin and cryin reeli upset etc and i was pleadin to Guru Ji, sayin Guru ji please i need you rite now, were ru ? etc, i put my hand out and and said smat lyk Guru Ji i need you please take my hand..........the next min ma dad walks in and takes me hand......mite sound minor but i was amazed, i felt Guru Ji with me.....

bhul chuk muaff

.......Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh !!

It's so hard to actually get into the Simran when you're someone like me, mind's so attached to maya... but one day I was sitting at the gurdwara doing Simran, and I dunno what came over me, but it felt like I was somewhere else... the fans were on, and it just felt like an ocean breeze, and I could hear the kids' voices, they seemed so distant but it was like paradise, don't really know how to describe it. Suddenly I was so at peace, and my mind for once wasn't buzzing with useless thoughts, and as I did Simran I was finally able to concentrate. And then, even better, something came over me and I felt it, this overwhelming love for Waheguru that unfortunatly I can't say I'd ever experienced before, and for the rest of the Simran, I was so in love with Waheguru, and so happy, and so... blissed. I didn't want it to end, it was wonderful.

Guest moorakh :(

VJKK! VJKF!!

Wow i like this section...

Im a total moorakh and the worst!! I really need lots of inspiration to get back to "real work"... neways wanted to share something...

Life is total disaster without Simran and Keertan!! I just wanna cry,cry and keep crying and i dont know why; its the sadness that arises out of an unexplained cause... but come to think of it: IT is the sadness you feel when you miss your special someone who you are never supposed to forget even for a microsecond. no.gif Bairaag ---> I can say is the best feeling!! when you feel the thirst, when you feel you really want VAHEGURU's kirpa from deep within, then its all happiness, the undescribable happiness wow!! ( I Wish i would enjoy that forever)BUT when this thirst is over, all the deepest miseries come in... the worldly affairs and issues, grrr anger! jeez and laziness!! wont leave you alone, coming up with excuses to miss Simran... exams and Amrit Vela with pulling all nighters :) I always say i ll manage and end up doing my Paat in such a hurry that its seems more of a formality :doh: and why be formal for your dearest <_< we always need that spiritual campus to put us back on track... but thats only through Kirpa... VAHEGURU

back to the topic SIMRAN AND KEERTAN!!

Guru jee talks to you, always... its just us who slay thinking we are alone...

Ok so this happens a couple weeks ago. I had to start summer school and have a lab pretty much everyday and the course is intense... neways i used to do my paat with love all the time and later on, i got lazy and did it in a hurry... so time goes by and i felt soooo depressed, I had an exam on a Monday so i decided to miss a samagam and study... but turns out that i woke up sooo sad and deprived of something and put on SIMRAN the whole day and I just couldn study at all... it felt good to be worry free and focus on simran. i then decided to go to the Samagam in the evening and wow, keertan just lifted my spirits rolleyes.gif I felt soooooo awesome after that, and More to that, dearest GURU jee blessed me again with the same Hukam I had got during Amrit Sanchaar <_< brought back the inspiration... VAHEGURU !!

I m loving it now... just writing this has helped :TH:

side note:

if only this moorakhi mind could apply wat i wrote... Im a loser! please forgive any mistakes... Im half asleep atm. any tips are highly appreciated for SIMRAN

keep posting

VAHEGURU JEE KA KHALSA! VAHEGURU JEE KEE FATEH!!!!!!!!!

Guest no name is mine

The most amazing experience...

I was about 14. It seemed to be the worst year of my life back then. I had changed schools, and everyone was bullying me. There was not one day that passed where i hadnt been laughed at, bullied, called names... even in the middle of class in front of the teachers... All because i was new... and different.

All of this was heavy on me, and i became depressed. The more the pain welled up in me, the more I craved and thursted for God. Then one night, in a dream - I was on this beautiful beach of white sand. The infinit green-blue ocean ahead of me and around me. Light was glimmering from its depths and the sand sparkled like diamonds. A huge ship had ancored to pick up passengers and i went abord. Something happened to the ship, and it started to tremble and sink. Everyone was running around trying to go on life-boats.

But as i saw the water from the window, i felt like dying in its vasteness, in its luminescence, in its infinity. My desire to die made me forget my life, made me forget my worries, made me forget everything. The only thought was pleasant death, and immersion into the most beautiful ocean my soul had ever seen.

The instant my toe touched the water i was somewhere else. Like pure energy pulsing through the space and fabric - floating in blue green and white. unaware of up or down, left or right, temperature, taste, thought or desire. The only thing was Bliss, soaking every single particle... my mind was thoughtless, only full of bliss. It could have been an instant, it could have been eons. Who can tell! The sight i saw was not from my eyes, but thought every atom, in all directions, inwards and out.

It truly was the most amazing experience i have ever had.

When i woke up in the morning though, my alarm was ringing and i had to go to school... and the pain and the sadness was still there... but less harsh, knowing that someday i may return to that beautiful bliss and be at peace, be at one...

I wish that thirst for God can come back to me as strongly as it did those days, and remain with me always... it is that thirst that brings us Home. But, maya grabs a hold of me again and again... and like a dumb fool, i forget Him...

I wish so strongly to remember Him! With the cloak of death and the face smeared with dirt... i can only wish him to show me that ocean again, so that i may wash away my guilty face and become nameless into Him.

REMEMBER WAHEGURU!!!!!!