Pagh Valeh Buhndhe but not Amrit Dhari

Guest Satwant Singh Bains

Sangat jio,

I've came across this man who is a sikh, he wears both Turban and Kara and has a chain round his neck with Guru Gobind Singh Ji's picture, and where did i see him? Lieing on the road, drunk. Now I didnt find this right, so what I done was i took his Kara off and his chain off. I was going to take his pagh off but stopped, because I thought it's not right taking someone elses Pagh off. So I wanted to know that if a man like him is creating Beadbi of sikhi put together is it right to touch his Pagh and take it off?

Please Sangat Ji I dont want to fight or start an argument on this topic I just need some advice whether what I done was right or wrong?

Thankyou

Bhulan Chukan Dhi Khimah Karni

probably quite a typical scene in the alleyways of villages in punjab as men come home too drunk and fall in the nasty sewage naaleeya...

some would say that if you find an amritdhari singh like that drunk lying in the street, take off his kirpan cuz its beadbi to it.

these people dont realise that because of their image they appear as 'ambassadors' of sikhi. fair play for what you did but i don't taking the pugh off would be very wise, good thing u didn't! lol  :TH:

fateh

109495[/snapback]

You really think so? But these men who have Pagh, but are drunken themselves I think that is very wrong.

when a singh wears a turban it is a pugh, when a sharaabi kabaabi wears cloth on his head, it is just that, cloth.

When a singh wears a pagh, he is a sardar. When a sharaabi wears a turban, he is just a typical Indian.

many people of the world have swords, but a singh makes it a Kirpaan.

The person makes the pagh a pagh, the pagh don't make the person.

peace.

when a singh wears a turban it is a pugh, when a sharaabi kabaabi wears cloth on his head, it is just that, cloth.

When a singh wears a pagh, he is a sardar.  When a sharaabi wears a turban, he is just a typical Indian.

peace.

109528[/snapback]

A white person won't see it like that, we may. He/she will class that person as a Sikh.

true, but how many gorreh know that sikhs can't drink?

I think a lot of people wear paghs for cultural reasons, basically because they are Punjabi...check out Punjab Police..they all wear pags and we know how good of sikhs they are...

i think if you see an amritdhari singh or kaur doing this stuff then yeah you should say something, but if it's just a typical punjabi, i think it's different...

When a singh wears a pagh, he is a sardar.  When a sharaabi wears a turban, he is just a typical Indian.

peace.

109528[/snapback]

WELL SAID !! :TH:

• 14 years later...
Guest balvant-5

My best answer is athough we claim that sikhs do not believe in cate system but in realty we are jats, bhapas, chimbas, chaamar, ramgarhias, nais, jheor and lsit goes on and on. Even gurdwaras belongs to certain community. In some gurdwaras people from lower caste are not allowed are told to sit outside and food is almost thrown to them. Chamars and other low See what happens if jat sikh marries a chamar and we have honor killings.

We claim that we give equal status to women. Which is the holiest place of sikhs, Sri harminder Sahib. Women are not allowed to do kirtan or sewa in the main hall. We go their and bow our head right in front where women are discriminated. We wait in lines for hours to get to that place. What a hypocrites we are? 

How many parents give property to their daughters as a equal share. All the property is divided among sons and daughters are told to accept that and are forced to sign that they will not claim any share. It happens in every sikh family specially in Punjab.

Providing food to poor; I have seen in Punjab and rest of India gurdwara that beggers and home less are not allowed in side the gurdwara and not even in langar. In Harminder Sahib the sevadars rudely turn them away while we people who can afford it ignore this and go and eat langar.

Also, rascim is not a big deal as it happens in front of our eyes every day. Imagine in real life a sikh boy or girl want to marry black all the family and realtive goes crazy and mad.

See the brotherhood of all mankind as the highest order of Yogis; conquer your own mind, and conquer the world.