Regarding sikh women

Guest Manprit Khaira

Guest _Sikh Soldier_

GURMAT: There is no prohibition in Sikhism on a woman undertaking any Seva or prayer when she is menstruating. Guru Nanak Dev Ji declared in Asa Ki Vaar: Sebho Sootak Bharam Hae….All belief in the Brahminical concept of sootak is mere superstition. Guru Nanak Dev Ji goes on to say….that the superstition of sootak can only be erased by spiritual knowledge…Nanak Sootak Aave Na Utarae Gian Utarair Dhoae.

As a woman has her periods, month after month, so does falsehood dwell in the mouth of the false; they suffer forever, again and again. The y are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies. Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds Vaheguru abides. || 2 || (page-472: Mehla-1)

please sikh sldier dont use gurbanee out of text

it was explaned before

this dosnt have to do with spiritual soocha

and nothing to do with women peronsally

well if u say theres never a chance of leakage, ok

i cant se y women cant sit on tabiya

perhaps some bhenjees can tell us if 100 percent, i mean 100, that no leakage at all will comeif ther is, then ic ant see anything stopping bhnjees

bhula chuka maf

Guest Jaskiran Kaur

Well, I dont know about other women but since I've been on my periods I've never had a leakage. I fail to understand how a leakage can occur wen u hav pads covering?

it was explaned before

perhaps some bhenjees can tell us if 100 percent, i mean 100, that no leakage at all will comeif ther is, then ic ant see anything stopping bhnjees

bhula chuka maf

113386[/snapback]

veerje, it is not only a question of good protection, somehow there is a belief amongst all major religions that a woman during her periods is unclean, leakage or no leakage. Also that the God would not bless a congregation which was led by a person in such a state. This is especially true of Judeo-Christian and I believe Hindu religions and even Buddhism.

The deeper basis on this belief goes back again to the story of Adam & Eve when Eve was cursed by God for falling to Satan's temptation and God made life for Eve and her descendents more difficult as compared to Adam and his descendents. Periods and everything associated with it are seemed to be connected with that part of God's curse on Eve and thus the stigma associated with it. Thus it is considered a ritual risk to appoint women as priests.

Though I am sure that in the future as time goes, the clamour for women as priests would grow too. There is going to have to be a compromise somewhere.

it was explaned before

bhula chuka maf

113386[/snapback]

veerje, it is not only a question of good protection, somehow there is a belief amongst all major religions that a woman during her periods is unclean, leakage or no leakage. Also that the God would not bless a congregation which was led by a person in such a state. This is especially true of Judeo-Christian and I believe Hindu religions and even Buddhism.

The deeper basis on this belief goes back again to the story of Adam & Eve when Eve was cursed by God for falling to Satan's temptation and God made life for Eve and her descendents more difficult as compared to Adam and his descendents. Periods and everything associated with it are seemed to be connected with that part of God's curse on Eve and thus the stigma associated with it. Thus it is considered a ritual risk to appoint women as priests.

Though I am sure that in the future as time goes, the clamour for women as priests would grow too. There is going to have to be a compromise somewhere.

• 8 months later...
Guest Guest

WJKK WJKF

uummm...well i was reading the two senchian,started last year and i jsut completed them this year,and i was also told not to touch them wen i was on my period,at that time i didnt know much so i didnt red em for da time i was on my period,but now since im so into teh gursikhi way of life,i completely agree wid jaspaul veerji and that guru sahib alredy knows wat we bibian are goin through,HE is the one who created us thsi way and HE never did this so us bibian wouldnt be able to do seva/g2 gurdwaras,etc.....its how babies can be born wen we're older and stuff,so its just a myth,and theres nothing like this in the guru granth sahib ji no.gif ,guru ji nevr sed that if a girl/woman is on her period she cannot do seva or g2 gurdwaras,nuthing like this can stop a sikh from doin seva!!! i apologize greatly if i have sed anything wrong, its just the fact that i get very angry at these kind of things sikhs start believing in :lol: please forgive me though,bhul chuk muaf!!!

WJKK WJKF