Regarding sikh women

Guest Manprit Khaira

On 2017-11-11 at 5:00 PM, Guest Amandeep said:

I’ve got one question if I’m on my period and I’m scared that when I sit the blood flows and it goes everywhere what Can I do if I’m wrong please tell me and tell me what I can do .

There is a newer product called a menstrual cup which is worn inside. It doesn’t hurt and doesn’t cause any sort of damage etc to reproductive tract. It sits just inside and since it’s a medical grade silicone cup nothing can leak through it. It can be worn 12 hours full and since it’s inside no blood can come out that means no need for a pad which would have blood soaking it sitting on the outside of the body and no possibility for any smell etc. You just empty it twice a day and rest of time it’s like you are not on period. Sorry to be graphic. I think if cups were given to all girls in India then there wouldn’t be a severe shortage of availability of hygiene products to women as these are washable and reusable. Meaning one cup can last several years or more. Right now girls in india in rural areas especially are left with using rags, or sub par pads which can leak and maybe this is why the Singh’s who are against it (and even Kaur’s) don’t trust them and say that women can’t do seva while on period. In west it’s not a problem but in india it is. A cup which costs maybe less than a dollar to manufacture would give millions of women freedom. 

Anyway there is no impurity with periods. That is Brahminical ideals creeping into Sikhi. 

Guest Red sister

Try period pants: here's an article discussing them.They are good at preventing accidents 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/06/heavy-flow-are-period-pants-the-revolutionary-solution-to-an-age-old-problem

I would also recommend the mooncup, suitable for everyone not just married women if you get me. 

https://www.mooncup.co.uk/

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Anyway there is no impurity with periods. That is Brahminical ideals creeping into Sikhi

Learn how to read. I told you 3 messages ago that it was an Abrahamic concept. Abrahamic is not Brahminical.

In west it’s not a problem but in india

Learn how to read. I told you 3 messages ago that the root of the 'problem' - i.e the people that instigate and perpetuate this idea of a woman on her period being obscene and unclean - is the west and it's 3 'holy books': Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Please learn how to read.

Guest Culture Gimmicks
On 13/11/2017 at 3:51 AM, jkvlondon said:

nothing to say you cannot wear closer fitting undies underneath your kacchera with longer nighttime style pads for extra assurance and control. I think every female is highly conscious of this problem so checks and double checks to avoid issues . Nowadays even cups are available for total control  look it up online .

For those people who say don't touch Guru Granth Sahib ji , do you not think Pothian are also Gurbani and deserving of same suchumta and if so are you saying bibian need to avoid handling them too ... so are we back to deficiency mentality because of pollution ? Would a bibi's sehaj paath be maximum 21 days so basically harder to fit around kids, family and work ? Would she have to not attend santhiya class during the cycle? 

It's just rubbish Brown Culture. 

Culture is the reason the world is in Maya. 

The quicker the rubbish parts of culture including Maya gimmick societies expectations whether it be Brown society or western society culture is wiped out of our minds and hearts, the quicker the khalsa will rise. 

The Bhagat is societies Outcaste. 

23 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Learn how to read. I told you 3 messages ago that it was an Abrahamic concept. Abrahamic is not Brahminical.

Learn how to read. I told you 3 messages ago that the root of the 'problem' - i.e the people that instigate and perpetuate this idea of a woman on her period being obscene and unclean - is the west and it's 3 'holy books': Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Please learn how to read.

actually it is a universal paap against women ; Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Jew, Muslims and Early Christians have same attitude - Sabh Gobind hai Sabh Gobind hai , Gobind bin nahin koe ....so women are just as pavittar as Men , and just as able to achieve mission on an even playing field . Sikhi gives that equality by removing MAN made bharam and prejudices ... it is this bipran ki reet that is strangling the panth's future more than anything else . If you teach a man sikhi he will progress and maybe encouraged others however if you teach a woman you ensure that all her progeny and her future generations will be taught sikhi from the word go , as she is their primary caregiver and teacher

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Progessive

You are mistaken when you said muslim women in mense are not allowed to visit mosque and do hajj ? Muslim can visit mosque and do hajj except for circumbalting arounf kabbah. Please do not speak if you got no knowledge

• 6 months later...
On 11/15/2017 at 1:06 AM, jkvlondon said:

If you teach a man sikhi he will progress and maybe encouraged others however if you teach a woman you ensure that all her progeny and her future generations will be taught sikhi from the word go , as she is their primary caregiver and teacher

If you give a man Sikhi, he becomes a Sant and then teaches a whole school of males and females and from that school comes other Sants who are men.  Example. Sant baba Sundar Singh ji, teaching Sant baba Gurbachan Singh ji, who taught Sant Baba kartar Singh ji, Sant Baba Thakur Singh ji, Sant baba Jarnail Singh ji, Bhagat Jaswant singh, Sant Baba Mohan Singh bhindranwale.

Then comes shaheeds from the same school of DamDami Taksal.

7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

If you give a man Sikhi, he becomes a Sant and then teaches a whole school of males and females and from that school comes other Sants who are men.  Example. Sant baba Sundar Singh ji, teaching Sant baba Gurbachan Singh ji, who taught Sant Baba kartar Singh ji, Sant Baba Thakur Singh ji, Sant baba Jarnail Singh ji, Bhagat Jaswant singh, Sant Baba Mohan Singh bhindranwale.

Then comes shaheeds from the same school of DamDami Taksal.

virle virle bannde Sant veer ji , virle virle   ohna de vi maava hundia si jina aa pavitar roo-an nu ess duniya'ch paida kitte ne, te ohna nu sikhi di pehli gurti ditti .

18 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

virle virle bannde Sant veer ji , virle virle   ohna de vi maava hundia si jina aa pavitar roo-an nu ess duniya'ch paida kitte ne, te ohna nu sikhi di pehli gurti ditti .

Giving birth is a natural task and it takes a man and woman. Giving birth is a worldly task.  This has nothing to do with becoming a Sant because to become a Sant the person devotes his life toward Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Becoming a Sant is spiritual task.  These can't be compared.  

I gave you a perfect example of how NOT just maybe one man encouraged others into sikhi, but taught them the path of Sikhi and by guru's kirpa they became Sants.  I can't make you accept this fact, but this fact stands on its own two feet without any support.