Regarding sikh women

Guest Manprit Khaira

Guest Guest
bloody hell .. what is going on here..

ok think of it this way ..

if guru sahib was there himself in person .. the same being who has created us beings.. men and women .. the same being who loves and cherishes us.. the same being who has MADE WOMEN HOW THEY ARE .. and the same PERSON WHO SAID MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL do you think he would look different or punish a women if she starts menstruating during her reading from guru sahib ..

.. what are you guys doing ????

i dont get it .. you say stuff that sants have said .. i FIRST will relate it to guru sahib and think of WHAT HE WOULD DO OR SAY !!!!! that and ONLY THAT should matter...

i am sorry for what i have said but this really hurts me when you know that bibis visit this form .. READ THIS .. and get discouraged from what we are telling them NOT to do WHEN BANI states NO WHERE that they cant do that !!!

Like japman said .. like a man is producing sperm .. that is like you know what i mean every what time you do something, so really we cant be doing that.. so if we use this argument on the bibis we should use it on the guys too ..

enough said .. reli disappointed on this topic cuz its just putting bibis down in a way ..

(im flipping out cuz a similar topic was discussed before and it wasnt pretty then either)

109934[/snapback]

I was actualy guna mention that but din no how 2 say it eitha. But in a way I think wat Jaspaul Paji sed is tru, I go to the Gurdwara when I'm menstruating but after reading these posts I'm having second thorts n guilty conscious 2 y i went be4. I dont think this is right. Cuz i luv goin Gurdwara and I dont want to stop going to it over myths.

Agree with Jaspaul veerjee, Well said. :) Nowhere in Sikhi is it stated that a woman can't do sevaa or visit guru-ghar during her period. If a woman is afraid she might leak and mess up, there are pads available in the market for ultra heavy days...use them and you won't mess up. :doh: There is a quote from Asa Dee Vaar dealing specifically with this topic: "Jio joroo sirnaavnee aavai vaaro vaar, joothai jootha mukh vasai nit nit hoey khuaar. Soochey eh naa aakheeai bahen jey pindaa dhoey. Soochay sayee naanka jinn mann vassya soey"

Guest Jasbir Kaur Villaschi

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh,

Piare Bhen te Veer jeo,

Why are we so confused ?

Muslims, Jews and Hindus have the segregation of females who are menstruating from the general populace due to 'uncleaness' 'pollution' they are not to go to synagogue masjid or mandir ... This is oppression of women's spiritual needs....

Muslims say well because you are woman and you do not do your namaz during the monthly courses you are deficient in your love for Allah so are less than man

Jewish say well you get pollution from meat .... in the form of blood (which they wash from meat to make kosher) and when the women have menses there is pollution ....you are therefore not as desirable as us men to God....

Hindus believe in lots of different pollution issues including Sutak (pollution of the home by bleeding after childbirth) ... they say you are our Dasi so do what we say since we are your parmeshwar.

Sikhi is simple ..... All of us are equally desirable/undesirable to God , all of us Love Waheguru equally by remembering Him with every moment, we make mistakes and are fallible however let us not enter into 'bipran ki Reet' and start believing in Sutak and other non issues ...

We are here to cleanse our karmas from our mastak so Bol Satnam Shri Waheguru Sahib Jeo and be truly grateful that Waheguru ji has created us as Women with the blessing of the most supreme sewa of bringing new Gursikhs into this world and bringing them up. Being a woman is not a curse so don't any body convince you otherwise .... carry on with the Nitnem, Nam Japna, Sewa, Kirtan in the good faith that Waheguru's there for you

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Guest Guest

Gupt Daasan Daas is right I think.

Sikhs are more like Christians who are free to attend church w/e be their condition. Now there are even woman priests in Christianity and no one stops them from conducting the service if they are having their periods, but usually they are supposed to act by their conscience in such matters.

Like Gupt Daasan Daas said one would not like to be conducting any priestly functions or touching holy books when one is having bodily secretions. That is just a matter of cleanliness and not based on some weird superstition.

There we go!! Vadiya! Kind of stuff i was trying to point out by the link i gave earlier and stuff... good to say it bluntly... lol

In Sikhism, woman and man are equal. Nothing can detract from that.

Dont let ANYONE ever tell you that you Cant go to the Gurudwara, dont let anyone tell you you cant sing his praise, read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, do bani. Dont let anyone stray you from seeing Guru Ji.

People, time and time again mistake physical cleanliness with spiritual cleanliness... they are different!! And one has dominance over the other... one will bring you to God... that is Spiritual Cleanliness : that is only obtained through contemplating Bani, and through his will.

Guest Jasbir Kaur Villaschi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Piare Bhen te Veer jeo,

One point came to mind that needs clearing up that Veer ji brought with regard to bodily secretions.

If we carefully read the rehitnama/ instruction as posted by our learned Gursikh brother , a man must NOT touch or do Sewa of Guru Granth Sahib Ji after ejaculation has occured whether from masturbation, intercourse or nightly emission .... why ?

Because all this is tied into the sexual desire of the person (KAAM) he has not cleansed himself either physically or mentally as is required of ALL of us when we go to Darbar ... some people may argue that this is same as menses but this makes no sense as Waheguru allows this to happen innocently as part of the woman's nature.

If our Bhen jis all do their double ishnaan of jaal and simran/bani then where is their need for guilt ?

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Guest Guest

Again the main issue here is of control.

Can a woman in period control her situation ? Using pads/napkins etc will act only like diapers worn by small children. A man who has nightly emission/ejaculation/masturbation can clean up after the act and can assure that it won't occur again and in that case only control of the mind would suffice. But is the same the case during periods. Can a woman having period assure that now I that I have cleaned up it won't occur again, and since the function is involuntary anyways where is the guarantee ??

Again in public places access to rest rooms etc might not be easy, how can involuntary fuctions like periods be cleaned up easily. Plz realize I am not trying to belittle anyone but just trying to state that there is no lightning-like philosophy behind this, just common sense.

As Gupt Daasan Daas mentioned it is only important while doing priestly functions and is distinct from the participation in usual prayer.