Regarding sikh women

Guest Manprit Khaira

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

well im havnt got an opinion on this, but i hav an "argument"

it is a bit not practical, say if the kaur has her period wen she is on stage, his wil interupt the paath, be un-comfprtable for her n she wont be concentratin on the bani

"When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty, water can

wash away the dirt. When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine, soap can wash them clean. But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin, it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name."

-Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

I think this myth of menstruation is coming from the muslim women influence. They are not allowed to go to the mosque on their period, nor are they allowed to go to Haaj on their period (most if not all these days take pills to inhibit their period when they do this pilgrimage). They also have a ritualistic bathing they must do after their period is finished... its easy to call a woman "impure" whilst on period, and feel guilty when on it... but Guru Ji did not teach that. He said that the only important thing is to remember God... night and day... clean your mind. (mind you, dont forget your body... but that is secondary, to having a clean mind).

please forgive me if ive said anything incorrect

Good points, its certainly a myth.. Just use your common sense. I agree Gupt Dassan Das is saying that we should clean our hands and feet, thats all good and respect for the Guru.

I believe, when a women is menstruating how can she dirty the surrounding? Obviously women wear pads or something to prevent the blood falling on the ground? So how can the surrounding get dirty ?? what are your practical reasons on this case.

If I have a wound and injury, am I not allowed to go near Guru Granth Sahib?

Guest Guest

I think the main reason why some girls (that i know of aswel) dont tend to go near the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is because they're scared they'll leak if they're heavy. I know someone who goes to the gurdwara when she;s on her period she mutha tehkz but duzn sit down 4 2 long, but instead she goes down to do seva, so i practically think that doing seva while menstruating is OK.

ok... its understandable that if you are going to have a leak... you dont want to do that near Guru Ji. Of course. Intentionally.

And if you have an injury... you dont want to bleed all over the place either. Its understood.

For those things, there are pads, and underwear, and there are also bandages and whatnot for injuries.

thats all common sense.

-----

BUT - Dont let those things stop you from going!!!! If you dont want to go to the Gurudwara when on Period... Or if anyone thinks that way......... then, dont go when you think your mind is dirty either(????????)

-----

Wouldnt a way of being more disrespectful than a little unintentional drop of blood, is to go to Gurudwara with the body looking saintly, and attentive... but the mind all spoiled, dirty, whatnot....

First, you clean your mind... thats most important. If your mind is kept pure as possible, its for sure you respect Guru Ji, - and even a drop of blood from menses or injury will not shake his love for you.

-----

......... you go there to listen to His Word, and become pure minded........

Please read the following webpage:

Ishnaan

bloody hell .. what is going on here..

ok think of it this way ..

if guru sahib was there himself in person .. the same being who has created us beings.. men and women .. the same being who loves and cherishes us.. the same being who has MADE WOMEN HOW THEY ARE .. and the same PERSON WHO SAID MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL do you think he would look different or punish a women if she starts menstruating during her reading from guru sahib ..

.. what are you guys doing ????

i dont get it .. you say stuff that sants have said .. i FIRST will relate it to guru sahib and think of WHAT HE WOULD DO OR SAY !!!!! that and ONLY THAT should matter...

i am sorry for what i have said but this really hurts me when you know that bibis visit this form .. READ THIS .. and get discouraged from what we are telling them NOT to do WHEN BANI states NO WHERE that they cant do that !!!

Like japman said .. like a man is producing sperm .. that is like you know what i mean every what time you do something, so really we cant be doing that.. so if we use this argument on the bibis we should use it on the guys too ..

enough said .. reli disappointed on this topic cuz its just putting bibis down in a way ..

(im flipping out cuz a similar topic was discussed before and it wasnt pretty then either)

Guest lowest of the low singhni
bloody hell .. what is going on here..

ok think of it this way ..

if guru sahib was there himself in person .. the same being who has created us beings.. men and women .. the same being who loves and cherishes us.. the same being who has MADE WOMEN HOW THEY ARE .. and the same PERSON WHO SAID MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL do you think he would look different or punish a women if she starts menstruating during her reading from guru sahib ..

.. what are you guys doing ????

i dont get it .. you say stuff that sants have said .. i FIRST will relate it to guru sahib and think of WHAT HE WOULD DO OR SAY !!!!! that and ONLY THAT should matter...

i am sorry for what i have said but this really hurts me when you know that bibis visit this form .. READ THIS .. and get discouraged from what we are telling them NOT to do WHEN BANI states NO WHERE that they cant do that !!!

Like japman said .. like a man is producing sperm .. that is like you know what i mean every what time you do something, so really we cant be doing that.. so if we use this argument on the bibis we should use it on the guys too ..

enough said .. reli disappointed on this topic cuz its just putting bibis down in a way ..

(im flipping out cuz a similar topic was discussed before and it wasnt pretty then either)

109934[/snapback]

that's what i wanted to say apart from i couldn't think of the words.

~l~