My first experience of wearing a Chola

Vir Singh

Reading all your posts reminded me of my own experience .. well i am still going through it now.. when i first took amrit i wasn't accepted by my family :umm: they use to say a lot of negative things like sant bangeyi and stuff like that.. and of course seein me in keski just left them ohmy.gif i had to swallow all this from my family and relatives for 1 year as i was the only one from the whole state (sarawak) some where in malaysia to partake amrit.. imagine this.. bein the only one and not having any support.. all the "thanneys"i have to hear everyday. They also tried forcing eggs into my mouth but i never gave up ...

But of course the support from my friends and of course WAHEGURU ^_^ never let me down.. today i can proudly say that my father (after 4 years of me partaking amrit) is a keshdhari and my mum has also stopped cutting hair.. 3 of my nephews took amrit.. and my tayaji and tayiji also has taken amrit..

It takes time.. i know the things can really upset you at time but trust me WAHEGURU will sooner or later help those who are on HIS side :umm:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

my best friend in school was a Sikh, Harpal. they were 4 brothers (Harpal, Sandeep, Narinder, Rajinder...earlier rajinder's name was zorawar). Harpal was the eldest. the 1st 2 were saints, the 3rd was a pakka gunda LOL and the youngest was too little. this was back in middle east. there used to be a gang of south indians in our school who claimed to be very dangerous as they used to have street fights (really hard to believe LOL). they also used to threaten to call their arab buddies who would beat the heck outta any1. so now this southie picked up a fight with the 2nd bro. he didnt come to school for the next 2 days as we all were ready to gang up on them. he came on the 3rd day. my dad found out and sent me to school late that day :'( and i missed the fight :'( . but i asked every1 how'd it go.

first they told him to say sorry to Sandeep. he refused. then they let him and sandeep fight. he was kinda taller than sandeep, so narinder jumped in as well. but then he was kinda hard for both of them. and so my buddy Harpal let every1 else rest and went ahead and took care of this guy ^_^wubb.gif .

the funny thing is that they never called any arab to take revenge coz arabs are scared of Sikhs although they never gonna admit it.

the other funny thing is he got beaten up in front of 100+ girls...hahahahahahahaha

i dont think he is gonna mess with a Sikh again.

so remember : our appearance is gonna fetch us the best friends as well as the worst enemies. we shud be ready to embrace the good guys, and also to tackle the bad ones. any1 who messes with a Sikh in bana knows best how bad it pains (wherever it pains...LOL tongue.gif )

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

since we are talking bout Sikhs wearing bana, let me tell u that most non-Sikhs respect Sikhs no matter what. even though i m mona born to hindu parents, yet i tell ppl i m Sikh coz thats my true religion. Trust me! the very thought that "I AM A SIKH" is strong enough to make u go ahead and face any1 and anything! i have had non-Sikh friends who dont mess with me thinking that "why to mess with a Sikh!" now those who are complete with bana, i dont even know what to say ^_^ . u'r strength and courage will be countless times greater than any other individual ^_^ .

my veer Vir Singh,

dont' be put down by what people say. Our Guru would only hug you and take you in his arms if you follow his REHIT but obviously since others DON'T think like our Dad, doono Jaaha De Vaale (har doh alam Shah Gur Gobind Singh), they will only go opposite to what OUR Guru wants. So do not be put down. This is life and it goes on.

:nihungsmile: :e:

wubb.gif

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I appreciate the love, courage, darness, firmes, beleive u guys express and really really impress with Jkaur bhanjee big up to u respected bhanjee.

It is matter of pride and happiness that Sikhi in west is on up and wish more n more chardee kalaa of gurusikhs come up all over the world.

But Sadh Sangat Jee not every Sikh in India is bad or cutting his or her hairs or doing other weird acts there are still lot of gursikhs having charde kalaa walla jeevan in India and on the other side in West there are lot of ppl ( born in sikh families) who r not doing well wrt Sikhi.

To bridge the commuciation n other gaps between Sikhs in India and Sikhs out of India, a very effective tool is required which so far our management committees/ sikh organizations could not develop.

bhul chuk maaf

Dass Bhupender Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Reading all your posts reminded me of my own experience .. well i am still going through it now..

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Bhainjee, you are a living example of a faithful Singhnee...that was so brave of you to keep Bharosaa in Vaheguru ji...im sorry about what you had to go through...you are not the only one, many others too have been through similar, less or worse so you will give others strength......

Its so good to hear true stories whereby Singhs or Singhnees fight in the spiritual battlefield for Sikhi....Khalsa has so much Sikhi power that no manmat can override it...which is one of the reasons we say

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, Vaheguru ji ki Fateh!

Vaheguru ji listens to his GurSikhs with immense love because they in return alwayz keep full faith and keep in rehit/do what Vaheguru ji wants.

Keep it up bhainjee.....u must know but when things get tough recite mool mantar, read Sukhmanee Sahib.....Vaheguru ji is inside you, your call is always heard.

Hukamai Andhar Sabh Ko Baahar Hukam Na Koe

repeat naam with every breath too

Guest Akaal108

People usually laugh at rab da fakira taiii...so we are nothing...people in guroo's time didnt even spare our guroo's from name callings...dont let such people to screw you...just ignore them as an bad dream...

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaal

Rochak Malang, I also remember this one incident from when I went to high school. There was this one guy who was in the same class as me. He would always taunt me by calling me a “Gyanee”. And he wouldn’t call me a Gyani in a good way, but in a sarcastic, “make fun of” type of way. I would repeatedly say to him that he should not call me that as he is also a Sikh, and I also told him how I don’t like it. But in high school reputation means everything to a teenager.

If you show weakness, everyone pounces on you. So one day I was talking to my friends, and there were many Punjabi girls over there as well (around 30 of them). He very loudly called me Giyani in order to embarrass me in front of everyone. A few people began laughing. I got so angry that I went over to him and punched him on the face and tore is shirt off right in front of all the girls. He felt so humiliated that he never talked to me again or called me gyanee. I’ve seen him a couple of times since high school, and we just say kidhaah and walk our separate ways.

Its sad that in our society, people who want to get closer to Sikhi are taunted by our own people. Gorray and Kalay don’t have such a disgraceful behavior. Even Hindus and Muslims don’t act like this around us, only our own Punjabi Sikh people do… how unfortunate.