Guru Jee's Prakash at home

Guest what do i do

Guest what do i do

Since I lived in my house weve always had Guru Jee's Prakash at home, and Guru jee is kept on top floor in clean room with some shasters and stuff. But beadbi of Guru jee occurs everyday and before i was not this much into sikhi so i never noticed..

1. My parents are not amrithdhari and many times Guru jee's prakash is not done

2. Parents drink, have bottles downstairs

3. Guru jee is placed on a stand type thing, but it is lower than the beds in the house in other rooms

Ive confronted my parents about this once and my mom got defensive and stuff. She said that she wanted to read and maybe further her path on Sikhi and some other stuff that made me look like i had ego for correcting other people's faults in regards to sikhi.

(even when she tells me she doesnt want to do increase her sikhi anymore and is happy where she is :doh: @ )

I guess i kinda understand her point of view, but the beadbi is very wrong.

I always think that I could do prakash, but i read gurmukhi verry slowly and may mispronounce many of the words..which is more beadbi. Also, i guess im just lazy pray.gif

please give me so advice sangatees. But please remember that it is highhly unlikely that my mom will ever give up SGGS jee because my grandma blessed her with it..

You should organise for Maharajs Saroop to be removed from your house. Please state, where this Saroop is located. This is a serious issue, please do not ignore it, the longer you leave it, the more your Karams will suffer as Beadbi of Guru Sahib continues.

if they would like to further their sikhi.. and to read gurbani there are other ways of doing that. look into getting senchia... i think thats how u spell it...

but this is beadbi and it is wrong jio... dont be afraid to stand up to it.. especially when u have an alternative way to go

oh and just to add on... the one thing u can say to ur parents is that u would never go to the Gurudwara sahib if u drank... right? not even in the langar hall.. or in ne other room of the gurudwara sahib even where guru ji's bir is not located.. same goes for a house.. guru ji needs tobe respected the same way.. u cant bring alcohol into the house because currently.. it is Guru dha Duwara..... well it always is .. but still

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

please give me so advice sangatees. But please remember that it is highhly unlikely that my mom will ever give up SGGS jee because my grandma blessed her with it..

Would it not be possible to take Maharaj's Saroop to your local Gurdwara?...that way when your family feels they are ready to look after Guru Maharaj Jee with full care and respect they can again bring the Saroop home.... In the mean time, Guroo Maharaj Jee can be treated in the appropriate manner at the Gurdwara....and you can still have Darshan of this Saroop.

Ideally however, your mum must realise that actually all Guroo Maharaj Jee's Saroops are the same....same 10 Guroo Jees' Jot in each Saroop....you should explain that she should not get attached to that Saroop alone, just because your Grandma gave it to her....

Also, I'm sure that your Grandma would have wanted your family to treat Maharaj Jee with utmost respect and not do beadbi of Maharaj Jee....

Forgive my mistakes...no offence intended...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Would it not be possible to take Maharaj's Saroop to your local Gurdwara?...that way when your family feels they are ready to look after Guru Maharaj Jee with full care and respect they can again bring the Saroop home.... In the mean time, Guroo Maharaj Jee can be treated in the appropriate manner at the Gurdwara....and you can still have Darshan of this Saroop.

Ideally however, your mum must realise that actually all Guroo Maharaj Jee's Saroops are the same....same 10 Guroo Jees' Jot in each Saroop....you should explain that she should not get attached to that Saroop alone, just because your Grandma gave it to her....

Also, I'm sure that your Grandma would have wanted your family to treat Maharaj Jee with utmost respect and not do beadbi of Maharaj Jee....

Forgive my mistakes...no offence intended...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

108244[/snapback]

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Bhenji I agree totally, If anyone went to Baba Ranjit Singh Ji's Diwan, Amrit Sanchar yesterday, they would also know that Baba Ji was talking about the Beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. They told a past story of when they went to a Sikh's house and was told that they Have Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop @ home. So when Baba Ji went to see the Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Parkash wasn;t even performed and excuses were made by the Sikh that he thought his son had performed it, then the son went and said he thought his Behbeh Jee had performed it. When no one had performed it.

...But Baba Ji Had said that if you know that Beadbi is being done of Guru Granth Sahib Ji @ home by bringing The SGGS Ji's Saroop home, then the best option is to go and return The Saroop to the Local Gurdwara (or to any Gurdwara) and then say to Guru Ji I'm sorry I couldn't take the Seva in hand this time but when I can take full responsibility and perform proper Seva then I'd bring it home again.

I may have misplaced Baba Ranjit Singh Ji's words that were said in the Diwan, so can Sangat Ji please tell me if I did and correct me.Thankyou.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Im with you on that one gurpreet bhainjee. If one canot Parkash SGGS G on time then Maharajs Saroop should be returned back and ask Waheguru to give them permission for when they are ready to bring the saroop at home, and can look after the SGGS G properly rather than creating Beadbi.

Guest what do i do

thanks for the replies sangatai

i have tried to reason with family, and have gotten this far..please tell me if its ok:

1. Have table, then Guru jee's saroop, then Guru jee; therefore Guru jee is always higher than everything else on the top floor

2. Move alcohol to garage

3. I will learn prakash and sukhasan and how to do it pray.gif

i requested again that Guru jee's saroop be given to my local gurudwara, but my mom was adamant that she would not let this happen. she says she doesnt want to follow any maryada from akal takht and doesnt want to live such a rigid life...

sangatai, please tell me if what I have done is right or wrong?

I know it is not optimal...but I am trying my best no.gif

well the fact that you are learning prakash and sukhasan is good however, moving the alcohol to the garage doesn't make much of a difference because it is still part of the house. Therefore it still beadbi. Please keep trying your hardest to convince your parents to get rid of the alcohol. If not than Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee should be taken to your local gurdwara. Why don't you try getting another person (eg: a gursikh that your know from the local gurdwara---someone who is older) to try and talk to your parents about your problem. I know from my experience that parents don't often listen to what their kids have to say because they think they are ignorant or don't know anything. So maybe if someone else talks to them, they might change their minds. Just a suggestion..