Leaflets for non-Sikhs

Just read through a few articles and this is the one I liked best, its from the Sunday times and this note left by some one at one of the scenes of the bomb blast beats what the mayor of London said as he never mentioned the Sikhs.

Jesse Honey, a student from Tooting, south London, stuck a Union Jack flag to the wall above the floral tributes. Across the middle of it he had written “we are all Londoners” and around the side the names of the major faiths — Hindu, Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Buddhism and Jewish.

“I think it’s more important now than ever to emphasise the fact that Londoners come from all (faiths) and there is absolutely no way that the attack will change that,” he said.

hope this gives you guys some ideas.

Fateh

A small suggestion, Dont use black or any other coloured background because, the cost of printing these is usually high, you can keep the leaflets simple and on a plain background, use coloured paper if u want to save money, Reason i am saying this is that you can spend less and produce more, and reach large no of people.

Also try not to make other religion look bad, the message should be simple and clear, Sikhs are not Muslims, And Who are Sikhs..

Gora won't give a damn whether kesh is our kakkar or turban..  :doh: @  This is the stuff that keeps us away from educating the mass non sikhs about our identity..

I will try to make one by today !!!

Now keep a little cool-headed about Goray; you're reading a post from one right now, and if we were all that bad you would find me on this site or in a gurudwara. The only people out there that will not care if it's kesh or turban, are idiots and closed-minded. And believe me they come in every race and color. The important thing is that we do try to educate and enlighten. Haven't you ever been walking in a city and seen a small army of Christian people passing out tracts? Most of them, if accepted at all, get tossed in the nearest trashbucket unread. Maybe one of a hundred who take the paper may read it and come to think at least about their perceptions of Christians, if nothing else.

I've written before that I dislike conversion tactics and pressure, because many of the tract-passers are lousy examples of their faith. I am more impressed at the behavior and character of a person than all the words they could throw at me without much to back it up. The character of the Sikhs is one of the reasons I converted! I think it's a great idea to make up information literature and leave it out because there WILL be someone who will look at it and look at the Sikhs in a different light. Yes, you'll find elitist, racist jerks. That is the nature of this beast, I'm afraid. But you'll find good and intelligent people, too, who aren't afraid of having their minds and souls challenged; and you'll find Goray among them, and they will care because you'll have provided the best testimony in good conduct and character.

Blessed be,

Polska

there are people who are ignorent but dont label everyone that way. that is the same thing being done to Sikhs.. they are all being labeled....

i think the flyers are a good idea... but u guys need to do more.. reach the media dont expect them to just talk about u..,.. go to them.. and explain what is happening. write into news companies, news papers... give interviews.. whatever u can!!