Ladies and Dastaar

I got a strong message a couple months back that I should start covering my head so I started pinning my hair up and wearing various scarves and things... I was buying kerchief-like coverings from one lady until I learned she was on a message board where they were trashing Sikhs, so she's not getting my business. But I want to go further, I want to wear dastaar. Ladies in dastaar look like queens. But HOW? Not one lady at our local gurudwaras wears dastaar and could not show me how to do it; and I hear the wrapping is different for ladies. In fact they're kind of shocked that a lady would want to.

I have my reasons... my hair is sacred. I'm so tired of people at work making Pippi Longstocking jokes, and I can't stand having men mess with my hair. Other men I mean; my husband has a right to touch my hair, anyone else gets smacked. I also figure, if Sikhi is to be equal for all, then I must do things as equally as a man: I must sing simran, wear kirpan and keep my kesh, just like a man; therefore I must wear keski like a man, because Guruji said it was for all. There is no separate Rehit for each sex, after all.

Are there any Princesses out there who do wear dastaar? If so, I'd love some tips on wrapping it right!

Blessed be,

BahaPolska

Just walk with your head held high and be PROUD to wear with So much Pride!

Guru Ji has given us such a beautiful roop, lets now keep it and uphold his rehat to the fullest!!

Well done phenji on wanting to wear it!!!

The videos are good, i kinda learned to tie dhumala from there, and with practice and kirpa, it comes out satisfactory on a daily basis!!!!

WJKK WJKF

:doh: :doh: :doh:

WJKK WJKF

yhh i no so amny penjis who wear dastaars they look soo beautiful!!! :doh: RESPECT 2 u n all those ladies who wanna wear dastaars...

they look lyk angels.. trust me! :doh:

penji i got sum contacts just pm me ill ad u on2 msn in a convo wid a penji who wears a dastaar. hpe i helped ji

WJKK WJKF