Makeup, mehndi etc

There's a fella here who ends his posts with a description of the kakkars and things which are supposed to be against Rehit like meat-eating etc. and he said makeup and mehndi were forbidden. Now I ask: what if certain cosmetics are a necessity for protection?

To explain, I'm very fair-skinned and sun-allergic. I'll burn to the point of blistering in less than a half hour without high-octane sunscreen, and I wear a face makeup with sunscreen as well. It also serves to even the skin tone, because fair people can show a lot of redness from broken capillaries and such. So makeup for me isn't some paint to go looking like a tart, but to protect myself from skin cancer. I figure that Waheguruji gave me this skin and body for a reason and it is my responsibility to take care of it. And the last thing I want is a skin cancer. My best buddy's mom is dying of cancer right now, from a melanoma which spread all over the body, and she used to go tanning like crazy when she was young.

So where is the line drawn?

104594[/snapback]

at ur situation, where makeup is no longer about cosmetics, but more about protection. One word of advice, try not to wear lipstick, because most known lipstick has fish scales in it. If you can't, fine, but if you don't have to......

Prabjit Singh Panesar

Fair enough her account name might not be Sikhi like, lets not critise yeah. I dont believe in caste system but lets stop our religious institutes such as some ramgarhia gurudwaras only allowing ramgarhians to become comitee members. Once we do that I think we will have no problem in sorting out such MYNA little things like Not Sikhi Like account names. What would you do if I changed my account to Jugga Jatt hey? Thats my view.

As makeup goes, of course it harms a womens skin. But brother just take a look around the amount of sikh gals I knw that drink and smoke etc....IS f*cking disgraceful. They know perfectly well what it does to thier health. Lets get these issues sorted through education, but ultimately I wouldnt mind my wife wearing make up? I think its up to the gals as long as they aint Amrit Dahri. blush.gif

hope I have not offended anyone.

Whooo needssss make upppppppppp, if u trullyyy wanna be a beau, forgett make upp og wid dat natural look,

I have neva eva put any sort of make up on my face ( buh doo like the taste of thee old lipppy gloss strawberry flava mmmmmmmmm)

Only use it if u gunna eat it not to show off oki my theroy tongue.gif

104824[/snapback]

I used flavored lipgloss to quit smoking. Every time I wanted a smoke I'd put on a strong-flavored lipgloss so I'd have the taste. I'm proud to say I've been smoke-free for 5 yrs, and for that I won't trash lipgloss. Because of it I am healthier, my cats are healthier, and I have a good husband who would not have married me if I had been a smoker. It's a weird way to kick the habit, but it worked!

at ur situation, where makeup is no longer about cosmetics, but more about protection. One word of advice, try not to wear lipstick, because most known lipstick has fish scales in it. If you can't, fine, but if you don't have to......

104869[/snapback]

ECCCHH!! I know about the fish scales, and it's kind of nasty. I order my stuff from a company that's all-organic and caters to Vegans. It is mineral-based and certified by the American Cancer Society as a recommended skin protectant. Blessed be!

104869[/snapback]

ECCCHH!! I know about the fish scales, and it's kind of nasty. I order my stuff from a company that's all-organic and caters to Vegans. It is mineral-based and certified by the American Cancer Society as a recommended skin protectant. Blessed be!

105065[/snapback]

niiiiice :TH:

quick question for Bahapolska, are you Polish?  The reason I'm asking is because I live in a area heavily populated by people from Poland and Polska is Polish for a female Polish girl.  Thanks.

sorry to get off topic...

105149[/snapback]

No prob... yes, I am Polish-American, born from Polish biological parents and adopted by Polish Immigrants when my parents were killed in an accident, no other blood relatives in the US (I was a baby and don't remember them.) Maybe that makes me double Polish? rolleyes.gif My foster parents were older, and had been through the Nazi camps. They were part of the Underground and had helped Jews get out of the country.

The "Baha" part of the name comes from Bahadur, which is now my middle name.

Blessed be!

104869[/snapback]

105065[/snapback]

niiiiice :TH:

105172[/snapback]

smart singh i no u ran away 2 the shop 2 buy it now LOL.gif but NO that STILL dusnt mean ur allowed 2 wear it. cumon!! :doh: @