keertan.. sewa?

simran_kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i had a small question going through my mind... and i would liek sangat to assist me on it pls..

- Would doing keertan be counted as sewa.. like not just by yourself.. with others reciting gurbani aswell???

i was just a little confused about this.. thoguht i'd ask the sangat.. so pls share your views

thankyou.. :umm:

waheguru ji ka khalsa!

waheguru ji ki fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

hmm.. thankyou ji's for the reply.. makes sense.. ^_^

and noonespecial veerji. i guess that would be counted at sewa too .. since.. again you're helping the keertani to get the good beat and sound which is helping the keertani get the sangat connected.. lol..

if you look at it this way.. everything is a sewa .. hunna.. lol..

good stuff.. thankyou for the replies.. ^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Keertan is sewa when you are not wanting anything in return, only to let people hear kirtan so they too may gain mukti. If you get money from the sangat, put in the golak or give it to charity. Kirtani jatha do kirtan because it is their job. Its a great job, but a job. When a kirtani jatha is performing for money and stuff, then that is not sewa. But if you do it only to serve the people with love, then it is sewa. You cant be wanting any money, donations, etc. in return. if you dont expect anything in return, and you do kirtan only so that people may listen to it, then it is sewa. Thats what I think.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, Waheguru je ke fateh!