wondering about this so pl answer

navjotsingh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taksalee singhs in India also keep a keski with them when they bath (some of the singhs I know in Canada do to). Or at least they used to, so I'm assuming most of them still do. Same with sleeping. My dad was staying with this Nihung Singh in India once, and he used to redo a full dumalla before going to sleep.

But why would you assume people wouldn't keep a keski tied to their heads when they sleep? You're supposed to be tyar bur tyar, including when you're sleeping. If you suddenly have to wake up, you should be ready to go, not running around with your hair loose and uncovered. Don't most singhs do this, not just in akj? Most of the singhs I've met (older ones) follow this rehat of keeping a small dastaar on (keski) while sleeping.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hmmm, iv never heard of this b4, takin off the keski n tyin it around the waist as if its a kammerkassaa, iv alwez thought its alrite takin it off while u wash ur hair, then puttin it bak on aftawards, cos iv alwez thought of the kes bein a kakkar not the keski

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

the ones that say keski is a kakar are the ones that do that

actually veer jee, you are incorrect. Even if kesh is kakkar you should always have keski with you to be tyaar bar tyaar. I can probably name at least 100 taksali gursikhs i know personally who keep keski with them at all times but beleive kesh is kakkar.. and i know of many others. As far as i know this is accepted taksal maryada..

i have heard rumors this isnt done in toronto but is done in india as well as everywhere else. hmm perhaps lost rehat when people came to the west? hehe.. who knows.