Doing Paath

Jkaur

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

WOuld liek to ask the sangat. If a women is having her monthly thingy.. can she or can she not do paath. As in read the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. A lot of people has given me various answers. Some say women are not pure and clean and those times so they arent suppose to be allowed to do paath. :umm:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSAAA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEHH!

awww who said u not suppose to do path during those days???

its a muslim thought:)

i knwo it cuz i have muslim frindzz.

some people will tell u that , cuz most of punjabi familys lived with muslims...and adoped sorta same thinking.

if u read Asa di //, hana ji..in that Guru sahib ji have given clear anwer on this topic.

when i was in cali, listing to Asa di //, this paan ji sitting next to me todl me...when the tuk came bout this thingi..i was surprised...that she asked me if i knew what the bhai sahib was readin. she goes..the shabd is exapling that no one is really pure, it goes into explaing how man woman..this whole world is unpure if we look at it the way this world views pure and unpure rolleyes.gif .....im forgettin where in Asa di // this come but im sure some of the gursikhz know.

anyhow..dont worry bout these kind of things. jus look at ur soul, make it pure by reciting bani, seva and simran..those the only things vich matter ^_^

much piyaaar

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jik i fateh jio

you won't believe wat these people say. its all non-sense about a woman can't do parkash and guru granth sahib's paat in that time. If you are physically clean there should be no reason not to do paat or think of urself as dirty. some women I think don't even go near guru granth sahib ji. its all brahmnisn.

SGGSJ Ang 472

mehla 1 ||

First Mehl:

jio joroo siranaavanee aavai vaaro vaar ||

As a woman has her periods, month after month,

joot(h)ae joot(h)aa mukh vasai nith nith hoe khuaar ||

so does falsehood dwell in the mouth of the false; they suffer forever, again and again.

soochae eaehi n aakheeahi behan j pi(n)ddaa dhhoe ||

They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies.

soochae saeee naanakaa jin man vasiaa soe ||2||

Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds the Lord abides. ||2||

in this chant of ASA KEE VAAR Sahib Sree Guru Nanak Dev Ji gives out a message that people who wash their bodies are not the real clean people its only people who clean their hearts and minds by remembering God inside them at all times. yeh there will be people who will post against this but don't worry about it. I can guarantee you its ok to do paat during that time.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Panjee,

You can focus on naam whenever. There is no point in worrying about that. Remember the real dirt is on the mind as it has blackened. This is what we have to clean with naam which is inside us. Make this clean. Do not worry about what god wills every month. His hukam is undebatable. Remember in this life we have the opportunity to become one with god use what ever time you have and don't stop bani for things that you have no control over.

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah