gender and athma

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jy loVih vru kwmxI nh imlIAY ipr kUir ]

If you long for your Husband Lord, O soul-bride, you must know that He is not met by falsehood.

jwie puChu sohwgxI qusI rwivAw iknI guxéØI ]

Go, and ask the happy soul-brides, "By what virtuous qualities do you enjoy your Husband Lord?"

muMDy ipr ibnu ikAw sIgwru ]

O soul-bride, without your Husband Lord, what good are your decorations?

lK caurwsIh Pyru pieAw kwmix dUjY Bwie ]

The soul-bride in love with duality goes around the wheel of reincarnation, through 8.4 million incarnations.

These are a few of quotes that I have taken from sri guru granth sahib. There are a lot more.. Gurfateh

^_^ waheguru ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

you know the way in gurbani it sometimes says pati parmeshar... or suami... or preetam... ^_^

what i'm trying to say is that there are many names given to waheguru ji... refer to him as anything... but in gurbani.. we humans.. are given the name of a soulbride... our soul is identified as feminin...

i could be wrong... but i've always heard those shabds with "soul bride" inthem.. and they are soo beutiful.. go in the berag section of amrit keertan .. and you'll find many ^_^

but at times where guru ji says "oh sister" or "oh mother" he dosen't refer to waheguru ji in those words...

since some of us hare such a tight bond with moms or sis's maybe thats why.. i don't have much knowledge :umm: but this is what i look it as ...

Waheguru is our everything...

there is none other than him..... we have

the tightest bond of loev with our husband right.. well. it could be wife.. but in the soul case.. we do right ... so we give love to waheguru ji in all forms.. brother...sister...mom...dad...husband.. so thats when guru ji goes...

Tu mayra Pita, Tu Mayra mata, Tu mayra Banthap, Tu Mayra Bhrata.

i on't think i'm explaning it well enough.. :umm: sorry if i got you more confused...

bhul chuk di khima.. ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest noonespecial

I'd have to agree with Sikhforlife...

I think that the soul has no gender. From what I'm told the soul is 'energy', no? So this 'energy' can be depicted or changed how it chooses. The flame analogy given by someone else is a perfect one. Fire is fire, no such thing as feminine fire. The soul is neither male or female. The gender distinction occurs only in the physical realm, not the metaphysical realm.

If the soul is female then God MUST be Male obviously. Ummmm this is Christiran thinking that god has a gender, again if he is male, there must be an opposite a Female.

He is unknowable, infinite, unapproachable and imperceptible. He is not subject to death or karma. His caste is casteless; He is unborn, self-illumined, and free of doubt and desire. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to the Truest of the True. He has no form, no color and no features; through the True Word of the Shabad, He reveals Himself. || Pause || He has no mother, father, sons or relatives; He is free of sexual desire; He has no wife. He has no ancestry; He is immaculate. He is infinite and endless; O Lord, Your Light is pervading all. || 2 || Deep within each and every heart, God is hidden; His Light is in each and every heart. The heavy doors are opened by Guru's Instructions; one becomes fearless, in the trance of deep meditation. || 3 || The Lord created all beings, and placed death over the heads of all; all the world is under His Power. [sGGS Page 597 ]
You have no form or shape, no social class or race. These humans believe that You are far away; but You are quite obviously

apparent. You enjoy Yourself in every heart, and no filth sticks to You. You are the blissful and infinite Primal Lord God; Your Light is all-pervading. Among all divine beings, You are the most divine, O Creator-architect, Rejuvenator of all. How can my single tongue worship and adore You? You are the eternal, imperishable, infinite Lord God. [ SGGS Page 1096]

From woman, man is born; within woman, man is conceived; to woman he is engaged and married. Woman becomes his friend; through woman, the future generations come. When his woman dies, he seeks another woman; to woman he is bound. So why call her bad? From her, kings are born. From woman, woman is born; without woman, there would be no one at all. O Nanak, only the True Lord is without a woman. [sGGS Page 473 ]

Again i must say, that is simply a Bond with God created by a Relationship. Guru Nanak mentions the soul as a bride Metaphorically. The Bond between God and the soul is of Marriage, as the Sohaagan (Newly wed bride) awaits for the arrival of her husband as is the soul awaits for God. It is a Metaphor. God is not a he or she!!!!! You can create any relationship with God you wish, he can be your friend, your brother, your Husband, your wife, your mother, your father.

Page:685

He is not male, and He is not female; how can anyone describe Him?

If God him self has no Gender, how can the Soul (Aatma) which is a p

art of God (ParmAatma) have a gender??? The Aatma in itself is no different from God himself. The Joat (soul) that is you is no different than the Eternal Joat (God).