gender and athma

^_^ ... no gender...

thankx to pheena ji... that makes sense... ^_^

... but then why are we refered to as the soul bride.. ??? :umm: .. i'm sorry i'm still confused a lil...

... it makes sense that waheguru ji has no gender .. and it would be understable to think that the soul has no gender...

then why again and again in gurbani.. our soul is refered to as the soul bride???.. :umm: .. someone help me out here... i'd appreciate it..

Thankyou ^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru j ki fateh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^_^ ... no gender...

thankx to pheena ji... that makes sense... ^_^

... but then why are we refered to as the soul bride.. ??? :umm: .. i'm sorry i'm still confused a lil...

... it makes sense that waheguru ji has no gender .. and it would be understable to think that the soul has no gender...

then why again and again in gurbani.. our soul is refered to as the soul bride???.. :umm: .. someone help me out here... i'd appreciate it..

Thankyou ^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru j ki fateh

Again i must say, that is simply a Bond with God created by a Relationship. Guru Nanak mentions the soul as a bride Metaphorically. The Bond between God and the soul is of Marriage, as the Sohaagan (Newly wed bride) awaits for the arrival of her husband as is the soul awaiting for God.

It is a Metaphore........You can create any relationship with God you wish, he can be your friend, your brother, your Husband, your wife, your mother, your father.

To have a relationship with god is more involving mentally. It brings closeness. Some think of god is no other but a mother who nurtures, loves, diciplins, guides her son/daughter as is the duty of a mother.

Metaphor

n : a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity

Again i must say, that is simply a Bond with God created by a Relationship. Guru Nanak mentions the soul as a bride Metaphorically. The Bond between God and the soul is of Marriage, as the Sohaagan (Newly wed bride) awaits for the arrival of her husband as is the soul awaiting for God.

It is a Metaphore........You can create any relationship with God you wish, he can be your friend, your brother, your Husband, your wife, your mother, your father.

^_^.. thankyou... thats clear enough to understand.. ^_^