Understanding the basics

Ryu Hayabusa

I just need to know some basic stuff so I'll ask in point form:

1. Is Sri Guru Granth Sahib the Adi Granth? Or is it all of the the Adi Granth , The Dasam Granth and the Sarbloh Granth combined?

2. Adi Granth is made of of hymns and scriptures from the first 5 gurus? Dasam Granth is all by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji? What about Sarbloh Granth?

3. What is the meaning of Sakhis?

Sorry if I made any spelling errors :St:

1. Is Sri Guru Granth Sahib the Adi Granth? Or is it all of the the Adi Granth , The Dasam Granth and the Sarbloh Granth combined?
I think just like many people call harmandar sahib as Golden temple or darabar sahib and many other names, i think the same goes with guru granth sahib jee as it can be called as adi granth or our 11th guru sahib etc.. (?) I think Sarbloh and dasam granths are different than guru granth sahib.

Sakhis is like "legends of our past".. (true stories)

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji was known as the Adi Granth, before obtaining Guruship from 10th Guru Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, he bestowed the Guruship to these scriptures, known as Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji maharaj. Its a compilation of scriptures from 1st to the 5th Guru. The 'DASAM GRANTH' and 'SARBLOH GRANTH' are different they are scriptures, but aren't close to the level of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, because that is the eternal Guru for the Sikhs.
2. Adi Granth is made of of hymns and scriptures from the first 5 gurus? Dasam Granth is all by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji? What about Sarbloh Granth?

Well, Sarbloh Granth may also be the scriptures of our tenth master Guru Gobind Singh ji, but there isn't much proof of its authenticity that its by the tenth Guru.

Sakhis are 'stories' or historical events that occured before/during/after the times of our Gurus in accordance with Sikhi.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji was known as the Adi Granth, before obtaining Guruship from 10th Guru Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji

Aad means eternal or one beyond the limit of time and this title is still used with Guru Sahib (Aaad Satguru Granth Sahib Ji) and Guru Granth Sahib used to be referred to as Pothi Sahib before Guru Gadhi was passed.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Aad means eternal or one beyond the limit of time and this title is still used with Guru Sahib (Aaad Satguru Granth Sahib Ji) and Guru Granth Sahib used to be referred to as Pothi Sahib before Guru Gadhi was passed.
Aad dus not mean eternal at all. Akal means eternal, as in Akal Purakh, Aad means the beginning, or the 1st.

I do not know about the Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth, but the Adi Granth is different from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The Adi Granth contains Baani from the 1st 5 Guru's and the other Bhagats before Guru Ji's time, whereas the Guru Granth Sahib Ji also contains Baani of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji.

Again I do not know much about Sarbloh Granth, but yes the Adi Granth has Baani 4m d 1st 5 Guru's and other Bhagats such as Mardana, Kabeer, Dhannaa n so on. The Dasam Granth is written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji and only Guru Gobind Singh Ji. There are no Baanis in there from other Gurus Or Bhagats.

A Sakhi is a "story" that has been told through generations, and has been witnessed by people. It is a true story, altho i dnt like using the word story. but there is no other way of describing it.

The Adi Granth was compiled by the fifth Sikh Guru, Arjun, at Amritsar in AD 1604. He included his own hymns and those of his predecessors, the Gurus Nanak, Angad, Amar Das, and Ram Das, and a selection of devotional songs of both Hindu and Islamic saints (notably the poet Kabir). In AD 1704 the tenth and last Guru, Gobind Singh, added the hymns of his predecessor, Guru Tegh Bahadur (the sixth, seventh, and eighth Gurus did not write hymns), and enjoined that after his own death the Granth would take the place of the Guru. The book opens with the Mul Mantra (basic prayer), which is a declaration of the nature of God as Truth, followed by the Japji (Recital), the most important Sikh scripture, written by the founder of the Sikh religion, Guru Nanak. The hymns are arranged according to the musical modes (ragas) in which they are to be sung. The language is mostly Punjabi or Hindi, interspersed with Marathi, Persian, and Arabic words.

After the death of Guru Gobind Singh his hymns and other writings were compiled into a book known as the Dasam Granth.

There are at least three recensions (versions) of the Adi Granth th

at differ from each other in minor detail. The version accepted by Sikhs as authentic is said to have been revised by Gobind Singh in 1704. The Adi Granth contains nearly 6,000 hymns composed by the first five Gurus: Nanak (974), Angad (62), Amar Das (907), Ram Das (679), and Arjun (2,218). Gobind incorporated 115 hymns written by his father, Tegh Bahadur, in it. Besides these compositions, the Adi Granth contains hymns of the Bhakta saints and Muslim Sufis (notably Ravidass, Kabir, and Farid Khan), and of a few of the bards attached to the courts of the Gurus.

The Dasam Granth ("Tenth Book") is a compilation of writings ascribed to Gobind Singh. Scholars do not agree on the authenticity of the contents of this Granth, and it is not accorded the same sanctity as the Adi Granth. Traditions of the Khalsa are contained in the Rahatnamas (codes of conduct) by contemporaries of Gobind Singh.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!