Jassika

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Hem = Ice and Kunt = Sarovar

(This sarvoar is almost covered in ice even in summers)

As per Dasam Granth Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj did tapasaya (worship) for crores of years in Hemkunt Sahib in his last birth when he was knows as Dhust Daman. Dasam Granth Says Akal Purakh gave darshan to Dhusht Daman and asked him to start a new religion i.e. Khalsa Panth. Dasam Granth also gives hint about Tapo Esthan of Dust Daman i.e. its near to a Sarovar and its surrounded by Sevan Mountains Peaks.

I guess in and around 1940 some sikh Military personnel found this place and it was assumed that it is Tap Esthan of Dhust Daman (Guru Gobind Singh Jee).

Hemkunt Sahib locates in Uttrachal State of India and is based on Delhi - Dehradun- Rishikesh root. Tourits Buses from Delhi (usually form bangla sahib gurud. ) start in the nite and reaches Gobind Ghat (beg.. of Hemkunt walking yatra) as per following route during (May end to October beg.)

First nite Delhi - First day afteroon/ Eve. Rishikesh (nite stay)

Second day Rishikesh noon - third night Srinagar

(In Garwal not the Kashmir walla) - nite stay in Gurdwara sahib Sri Nagar where hand written Dasam Granth Sahib is available for sangat darshan.

Third day Morn. Sri Nagar to late even. Gobind Ghat (nite stay)

Fourth day,the Walking Yatra starts from Gobind Ghat to Gobind Dham (13 Kms). There is horse (not exactlly horse can say khottas lol) and palakis for ppl who can not walk so much. Nite stay Gurd. sahib.

Fifth day Gobind Dham to Hemkunt Sahib, 6 Kms. straight n tough Yatra in comparison to (first 13 Kms. of Gobin

d Ghat to Gobind Dham) and return to Gobind Dham same day.

Sixth Day Gobind Dham to Gobind Ghat

Seventh day Gobind Ghat - Rishikesh

Seventh Day Rishikesh - Paunta Sahib

Eight day Back to Delhi

Earlier no body can stay in Gurd. Sahib after 2 or 3 p.m bcoz the level of oxygen comes down & due to cold there. Now things have improved and electicity back up & other facility a few Sevadars stay there in nite too during the season ( May to October)

Sadh Sangat Jee this Yatra can be great if we be part of any kirtan jatha or do naam simran, saying "dhan guru gobind singh jee, waho waho gobind singh jee' all the way it become wicked but dass has seen that there some people treat it more like picnic or hill station. Secondly the managemnt of these place are not doing effective parhcar of Guru Sahiban Updesh there although arrangements for water, stay, blankets is okay.

The Gurudwara buildings are now surrounded by lots of local ppl shops and guest house which diminishs the natural beauth of the place.

Manikaran Gurudwara l

This Gurudwara locates in Himachal Pradesh and its very far from Hemkunt Sahib and does not come into each other way. Its takes two days from Delhi to go to Manikaran by bus.

In India in some hilly areas due to sulphar rocks basis of some lakes the water become boil.

History written in this place says Guru Nanak Sahib along with Mardaana Jee visited here and the sarvocar was once full of gems (mani) .

This place is being managed by One Sant Baba and now after his death it now managed by his daughter. Apart from SGGS Jee there are almost pic of every hindu god or godeses on the walls of Gurud. Sahib Jee. There is one hindu temple also exist near to Gurud. Sahib.

In the Langar (like rice) is prepared by the method as Sardar Bikram Jit Singh Khalsa described.

Bhul chuk maaf

Dass Bhupender Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Amazing info bhup bruvv.. ohmy.gif

NOw u can be our host if we plan to visit hekunt(d) sahib in future.. :e:

So manikaran is another story.. so it does not come on the way to hemkund sahib from delhi rite..? How about from punjab.. does manikaran comes first and then hemkunt?

( :umm:: )

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

lol Bikram Jit Singh Jee guru jee kee sadh sangat is always welcome in dass dee jhopri (hut), I would be more than happy and its my Vadhe Bhaag if guru jee bless me sangat seva in any form, waheguru

Veer BraveKhalsa is absolutely rite from Punjab Himachal Pradesh is quite near so Manikaran will come first. Bikram veer its Hemkunt not Kund is in Uttranchal State (is new state earlier it was part of Uttar Pradesh State) in the Mountains of Garwal.

Manikaran route is like Delhi - Chandigarh (Punjab)- Mandi - Manikarn

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

^_^ Vickey singh i went to Manikaran sahib as well, and we also visited a gurdwara sahib right on top of a hill over looking the Dharamsala. Do u remember its name?

I think it has some significance to do with 22 hill rajas. If someone could tell me its name it wud be wonderful.

I think there is a story associated with that gurdwara that at the end of mankind whoever comes to that gurdwara will be saved no one else. ohmy.gif Anyone know anything?

I think there is a story associated with that gurdwara that at the end of mankind whoever comes to that gurdwara will be saved no one else. ohmy.gif Anyone know anything?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Gursikhs can't believe this... only who do naam abhyaas saas girhaas will be saved, you can't be saved by visiting any gurudwara sahib...

**Teerath naavan jaao teerath naam hai**

A sikh can't think that his life is successful by just visiting any particular place... I have been to manikaran... it is just other gurudwara sahib which i heard is now run by some mahants...

I also read in dasam granth what bhupi veerjee told but i couldn't understand one thing...

Guru Sahib's HUKAM is that we don't have any relation to our past life except that based on what we sown then we are here and reaping. Then how can guru sahib himself write that HE did tapp in past life and sikhs shall worship that place... Ofcourse even the naam abhyaasi gursikhs can also know about their past life and guru sahib knew past,present,future everything but what i mean is

that Hemkunt is a normal gurudwara sahib and ofcourse if guru sahib did tapp or if any other gursikh did tapp, the atmosphere can be spritual but this doesn't mean that our karams are cleared by visiting there... it is a typical hindu thinking... sikh can't think like that...

Only our karams can be cleared by doing naam abhyaas and reading gurbani and following gurbani...

One more doubt... when was hemkunt sahib founded? i mean dhan guru granth sahib ji's parkaash was done there? Ofcourse after guru gobind singh sahib ji... and guru sahib asked us to worship only guru granth sahib ji, then how can guru sahib ask us to worship hemkunt?

Well i have heard that dasam granth was modified by hindu mahants when sikhs were staying in jungle and still gursikhs are doing research on which is actual gurbani written by guru sahib... i wanna learn more on this...

Request to sangat... do visit historical gurudwara sahib but dun visit them with a belief that past karams will be cleared by doing this... Only NAAM can change karam... nothing else... the atmosphere is ofcourse spritual and suitable for naam abhyaas with concentration but only NAAM ABHYAAS and REHAT is the way out from process of lifes and deaths...

Bhul Chuk di Khima

Daas

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!