Sign in to follow this  
kam1825

Panj Piyareeaa instead of Panj Piyaray

Guest Akaal108
baba deep singh was quite probably in the crowd at 1699.....

why didnt he come up?

does this mean anyone related to the taksal cannot be in the panj or take amrit?

rolleyes.gif

You are lost mate. I dont know what you talkin about.

baba deep singh was quite probably in the crowd at 1699.....

why didnt he come up?

does this mean anyone related to the taksal cannot be in the panj or take amrit?

rolleyes.gif

You are lost mate. I dont know what you talkin about.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

aren't we all?

its quite simple really.

its likely that baba deep singh was in the baisakhi gathering in 1699.

why did he not give his head? there were plenty of other gursikhs in the crowd. it was gurus hukam that the particular 5 came up.

just because one particular group or type of people did not offer their head forwhatever reason doesnt mean no one else can.

maybe all that stressd-ness is making you read stuff funny B)

please tell me where guru gave the command that women were banned from giving amrit.

Guest Akaal108

First back up this:

its likely that baba deep singh was in the baisakhi gathering in 1699.

Then we will talk further.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Sadhsangat,

i now am starting to wish i never started this topic.

As for Baba Deep Singh Jee i believe he was there. Remember It was gods hukam that those five saints placed their heads in front of the Guru. It was all part of Gods plan. Just look Daya before Dharam: just as in Bani. Himmat is needed to get rid of Ego. Unfortunatly i cannot recall the meanings of the other two names.

But remember this is all planned by the guru.

***Do not start insulting great Sikhs of the ages as we are all getting major sins for reading it*****

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

LOL i never insulted him, i just said he was there. he was a gurmukh, he probs knew what was gonna happen

either way, the panj were predestined from birth and b4.....so like i said.....we should discrimate people because they dont fit the background and gender of the original panj.

are people who have jobs other than what the original panj had eligible to become in the panj???why? i thought it was gurus hukam :umm:

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

'course women should be allowed .. we have the right.. i've seen bibian who are more into sikhi than some veerji's .. in toronto .. we have bibian doing sewa at the amrit sanchar.. ^_^ .. but really no panj peyareean :umm:

i would like that to happen..

as you said... you choose guys to be paj because at the time of guru gobind singh ji.. 5 guys got up... and you're just fulfilling the tradition... wel.. uhh.. then if you're trying to do that.. have everyone of those panj.. of the same cast as they were before.. so that we show it dosen't matter what cast you are.. get them to be the same age as the peyare.. I respect all gurmukhs who are chosen to be "peyare's" ... but i don't like the idea of going against women on this..

so plz ji..

maybe i'm not clearenough.. its hard for me to put my thoughts and feelings into words right now.. but just try understanding with an open mind adn not being sexist...

thankyou.. ^_^

bhul chuk muaaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa

wheguru ji ki fateh

Sadhsangat,

At least respect the words of The Great Baba Hari Singh Jee. I dont have the answers but they did the katha. I have always kept the highest of respect for sants and i accept their teachings as gospal as no one other then other sants have their knowledge in a human form

This is now on Kazaa type in baba, katha, taksal, hari singh, panj piyaray.

Any of these and you should get it. It is a 42M file in MP3.

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

but only 5 people of certain castes who were punjabi in ethnicity stood up.. so does that mean that goray singhs cant have punj pyare? does it mean that people not of those castes of the original punj cant be punj either? just because a woman didnt stand up THEN doesnt mean she cant stand up NOW.. just because there werent any white people THEN doesnt mean they cant be in the punj NOW... does the comparison make sense?

AHHH that's real an eye opener.. GOOD !!

Now.. Should we not allow non-indian peeps to be the panj piyaraee?

What is gur maryada(discipline) is gur maryada. Who are we to change that???.

WHO said its gur maryada? you? Guru sahib never said women cannot be in panj, just as guru sahib never said JATTS or DALITS cannot be in panj..

but only 5 people of certain castes who were punjabi in ethnicity stood up.. so does that mean that goray singhs cant have punj pyare? does it mean that people not of those castes of the original punj cant be punj either? just because a woman didnt stand up THEN doesnt mean she cant stand up NOW.. just because there werent any white people THEN doesnt mean they cant be in the punj NOW... does the comparison make sense?

AHHH that's real an eye opener.. GOOD !!

Now.. Should we not allow non-indian peeps to be the panj piyaraee?

hello? ive been saying that for awhile.. scroll up!!

hello? ive been saying that for awhile.. scroll up!!

yeah.. i know ..

but nobody seems to be answering that question.. tongue.gif

I am bak, Don't have internet acess at home at the moment so i had to wait until i got to the office. :umm:

The above quote sums it all up. So Far no one has presented any valid reasons as to why women can't be panj pyariyans.

Simply calling it Gur Maryada does not justify it. Sikhi says Question everything, saying that this topic or having female members of the panth as panj will divide the panth is wrong.

Edited by Amardeep_singh

Guest balwinderkaur

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very very controversial topic. but i dont think women should be shut off juz because no woman stood up as an original 5 pyare. for all we know, their fathers and husbands mustve said " oh ur a woman u just sit down and keep quiet. dont try to be a smart aleck and respond." I mean we wouldn't know would we??????????????? tongue.gif Cuz indian society was still very sexist during those days. Hence im all for the idea of having women as a member of the panj piaara. Hurrah to those groups who are trying to break this gender divide by having lady panj piaarehs. Sikhee doesnt practice exclusivity so i think the right of panj piaara shouldnt just remain exclusive to men. Also theres no hukumnama written by Guroojee(as far as i know....if there is then please show it to us to prove us wrong) that a woman can't be a panj piaara..so based on that i think we can all assume that BOTH women and men have equal rights and chances for the post of panj piaara. Thats my take on the issue :umm: Bhool chook maaf.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!