Panj Piyareeaa instead of Panj Piyaray

kam1825

Guest SikhForLife

wat the heck!

veerji.. woman are equal.. does that mean anything to u?

equal unconditionally..

one reason why men got up that day of 1699 could be because indian culture is sexist.. if indian culture at the time had placed women before men.. then I BET 100% that only women had gotten up that day!!!

culture is sexist !! does that mean our religion/theology is? absolutly not!!

i say YES to women panj payarey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women are allowed to do and have equal hand in whatever men do in any sikh religious duty.. Whether it's panj piyaraees duty or whether it's granthi duty.. Sikhi just simply cast no bar on male/female..

It's good to see other ppls view on this.. But remember sikhi is 100% open to both men and women no matter what..

Guest Akaal108
wat the heck!

equal unconditionally..

one reason why men got up that day of 1699 could be because indian culture is sexist.. if indian culture at the time had placed women before men.. then I BET 100% that only women had gotten up that day!!!

culture is sexist !!  does that mean our religion/theology is? absolutly not!!

It has nothin with your culture theory.

If you carefully look at the fact when guroo maharaj call for the heads-

All the panj pyareiz had 200 percentage faith in guroo sahiban when they stood up. Regardless of their sexes.

In this thread or case faith in gurooo's sahiban played an important thing. Woman in the gathering of keshgarh sahib didnt have that kinda faith that all the paanj pyareaiz had.

Regardless of woman having enuf time to raise the hand and volunteer. Unfortuantely, full faith in guroo's sahiban does not come like that in seconds. It takes years and years of attachment with the guroo's to have that kinda faith where you scarifice your body under maharaj's sword.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Alright.. this extreme discrimination and sexism is getting out of hand. and as with all topics, as soon as someone says something, a group has to be blamed doesnt it? well dont lump akj in with just 3h0 yet.. sgpc also allows women..

other smaller groups in india also allow women..

guru jee said all women are equal right? he also said all castes and colors are equal too right? but only 5 people of certain castes who were punjabi in ethnicity stood up.. so does that mean that goray singhs cant have punj pyare? does it mean that people not of those castes of the original punj cant be punj either? just because a woman didnt stand up THEN doesnt mean she cant stand up NOW.. just because there werent any white people THEN doesnt mean they cant be in the punj NOW... does the comparison make sense?

and about the sexist culture.. yes it probably was there.. but thats why the gurus were there to STOP it.. they got RID of it.. until we all ended up hiding in the forests for so many decades every1 just reverted..

regards to the word panj pyare.. it is incorrect to ridicule panj pyare and call them punj pyareeaa.. if anyone knows basic punjabi grammar and ways to give respect it is always punj pyare.. we make words plural when giving respect such as instead of Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindrawala its Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindrawalae.. just as respected keertani Bibi Harjeet Kaur Moga Walae is not Moga Walee.. so again.. your arguments make no sense..

bhul chuck MAAF

wat the heck!

equal unconditionally..

culture is sexist !! does that mean our religion/theology is? absolutly not!!

It has nothin with your culture theory.

All the panj pyareiz had 200 percentage faith in guroo sahiban when they stood up. Regardless of their sexes.

In this thread or case faith in gurooo's sahiban played an important thing. Woman in the gathering of keshgarh sahib didnt have that kinda faith that all the paanj pyareaiz had.

Regardless of woman having enuf time to raise the hand and volunteer. Unfortuantely, full faith in guroo's sahiban does not come like that in seconds. It takes years and years of attachment with the guroo's to ha

ve that kinda faith where you scarifice your body under maharaj's sword.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH

so now your saying women lack faith and therefore can never have enough faith to become panj.. i seeee....

Guest Akaal108

I dont think anyone on this forum actually cares about what british created sgpc do or thinks about this issue.

You can change their views by sendin them whisky bottles grin.gif

Veerjeee.. you are rite that the first panj piyaress had full faith in guru sahibs.. But bro this doesn't mean that EVERY panj piyaree these days are exactly the have savem faith as does those panj piyaraees who went to the stage on the day of vaisakhi of 1699.. All Im saying is that if guru jee wanted us to have only male gender as panj piyaraaees, then i think our guru sahib jee had made it very clear to everyone.. BUT guru jee didn't.. SO as a sikhi, gurbani fact we can't say that females are not allowed to serve as panj piyaraaes..

Personally can someone give me any reason why you think that they are not allowed? What's difference? Only in physical appearance ! but still why not they can't be one of 5 piyaraees?

Guest Akaal108
OHHHHHHHHHHHH

so now your saying women lack faith and therefore can never have enough faith to become panj.. i seeee....

If you read my post carefully MAHA PURAN BHRAMGYANI KHALSA JI ...you will find i m talkin woman who were there that time..not woman in general.

Guest Akaal108
Personally can someone give me any reason why you think that they are not allowed? What's difference? Only in physical appearance ! but still why not they can't be one of 5 piyaraees?

vicky veer ji,

What is gur maryada(discipline) is gur maryada. Who are we to change that???. Nobody is arguing that woman cant get salvation(merge with guroo) but we are following maryada of amrit tradition from guroo's time(1699) event. If during the time (1699-1708) there was no woman in panj pyaraiz. What makes you think we should have them now??. The whole cause of this was those woman who had lack of faith in gathering of amrit(khanda) di phaul.

You can related in which ever way you want.