Panj Piyareeaa instead of Panj Piyaray

kam1825

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Sadhsangat,

AKJ's in Leicester are doing my head in saying it is ok to have five females initiate the khalsa as taking the place of the five beloved. Sant Baba Hari Singh Jee took that motion to bits and put them straight. I will hook Gurmat Veechar with that Katha as i have it.

What are you view on it. Are you for againts or not sure. Give us reasons for your thoughts. Hopefully this will some eye brows and emotions

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baba Hari Singh Jee did katha of what took place in 1699 with the creation of the khalsa. During the events five males got up and gave their heads to the guru. After this guru jee gave their raj to the panj piyaray. They also called the females kaur. Baba Hari Singh Jee said that Kaur means the child of a king other then the first born. They are always the child of the king but when he passes away they have no throne or right to the kingdom. Only the first born gets the supreme control over the kingdom and people.

Baba Hari Singh Jee explained that the males got the raj and Guru ji said the females will also be the children of the master but will never be able to appoint another as they have no control over the kingdom they are handing over.

They also went into an old story from the Dharamshasters about the difference between men and women on birth and on motherhood.

I'd suggest waiting for the Katha to come onto the net for the full.

Sadhsangat,

AKJ's in Leicester are doing my head in saying it is ok to have five females initiate the khalsa as taking the place of the five beloved. Sant Baba Hari Singh Jee took that motion to bits and put them straight. I will hook Gurmat Veechar with that Katha as i have it.

What are you view on it. Are you for againts or not sure. Give us reasons for your thoughts. Hopefully this will some eye brows and emotions

Actually if AKJ are doing this in UK then i got one thing to say

"GO AKj" :umm:

To our Waheguru and Guru sahibs, both sikh male and female are Pyare. Just because the gender difference , you can't say that one does not have the right to be one of the panj payares.

I don't agree with anyone stopping female singhiyans from being one of the panj pyare because i can't see any justification for it. Please give ur reason as to why females can't

be Panj payariyans?

Baba Hari Singh Jee explained that the males got the raj and Guru ji said the females will also be the children of the master but will never be able to appoint another as they have no control over the kingdom they are handing over.

hmmm,Mai Bhago ji had no control over the singh she led to fight against Mughals.

Sikhi offers 100% equality to both sexes and its up to them to demand it when someone is gender discreminating .

Sadhsangat,

I do not have the knowledge needed to argue with you. I will post the katha to Gurmat Veerchar and hopefully soon you will be able to listen to it yourself.

Waheguru jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh!

I agree with Kam!! wubb.gif

I don't have anything against women being Guru sahib's panj pyari. I see both men and women as equal. BUT we have to live according to the hukam of our dasve patshah, Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj. He initiated the Khalsa, thru the panj pyaray, not thru the panj pyari. I don't know what sort of a impact this will have, but its out of context of Sikhi, obviously we should see both men and women as equal, but Guru sahib laid the foundation for taking amrit in the future, and if we try to change that or mend it in any way, we are going against the hukam. rolleyes.gif If there was any woman who got up to sacrifice her head for Guru ji, then there would be a woman in the panj pyaray as well. B)

Bhul chuk maaf!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh!

I don't have anything against women being Guru sahib's panj pyari. I see both men and women as equal. BUT we have to live according to the hukam of our dasve patshah, Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj. He initiated the Khalsa, thru the panj pyaray, not thru the panj pyari. ............................ If there was any woman who got up to sacrifice her head for Guru ji, then there would be a woman in the panj pyaray as well. B)

Yes but at that time women didn't use to goto school, Does that mean that same thing shud happen now?

Just because no woman came forward that day, i don't think their right to join Panj pyaaree was taken away :umm:

Guest Akaal108

I also agree with kam and khalsa.

Its all about following hakum of guroo sahiban. Its not like we should stuck our nose and sing praises of woman equality in this matter.

We all know orginal panj pyareiz was male not female. So who are they to change the maryada??

Akj and 3HO doing the same thing.

Really sad indeed.

Guest Akaal108
I can't believe u guys ohmy.gif Guru ji's Hukam?

Did Guru ji say that Women can't be panj pyaares? If u can show me that i will agree with u.

It was more an guroo maryada than a hakum.

Amardeep singh,

you show me panj pyarie being as female in guroo's time..during the period of 1699 to 1708.

Any historical facts?