Prophecy of Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee

One day, as Guru Tegh Bahadur was in the top storey of his prison, the emperor aurangzeb thought he saw him looking towards the south in the direction of the Imperial zenana. He was sent for the next day, and charged with his grave breach of Oriental etiquette and propriety. The Guru replied, 'Emperor Aurangzeb, I was on the top storey of my prison, but I was not looking at thy private apartments or at thy queens. I was looking in the direction of the Europeans who are coming from beyond the seas to tear down thy parades and destroy thy empire.'

===========

Guru Tegh Bahadur prophesized the coming of the europeans, the british who later took over India.

One day, as Guru Tegh Bahadur was in the top storey of his prison, the emperor aurangzeb thought he saw him looking towards the south in the direction of the Imperial zenana. He was sent for the next day, and charged with his grave breach of Oriental etiquette and propriety. The Guru replied, 'Emperor Aurangzeb, I was on the top storey of my prison, but I was not looking at thy private apartments or at thy queens. I was looking in the direction of the Europeans who are coming from beyond the seas to tear down thy parades and destroy thy empire.'

===========

Guru Tegh Bahadur prophesized the coming of the europeans, the british who later took over India.

93070[/snapback]

Yea I have read this cobs-wollop!

Its in the book "The Sikhs" by Archer, the first edition was published 1946. Funny enough year before independence and the demise of the British Raj. Here is the full quote "Sikh records tell of Teg Bahadur's standing on the roof of his prison in Delhi and saying as he gazed off toward Bombay that India would one day be conquered by the British!", Page 189.

Is it not strange that records show Guru Sahib saying this, what about Maharaja Ranjit Singhs rule didnt Guru Sahib see this coming as his rule came much sooner than the British! This is all made too distaught the Sikh history as well as to fabricate the truth. PLEASE place your full faith in Guru Granth Sahibji and not in the words of these so-called Historians!

I will also be adding what Archer says about Satguru Nanak Dev Sahibjis physcial appearance and as well as what Satguru Gobind Singh Sahibji did on Vaisakhi according to Archer. The ignorant are leading the blind. wacko.gif

That story is not from the book by the Archer, This is from the Macauliffe book and this book was first published in 1909!. So you can figure out which one the source came from.

There are many books out there that are not accurate, but this book by macauliffe was subject to loads of sikh critics and all the changes were made before it even got published. The account of the story that is given has nothing against the sikhs in it.

Anyway I would recommend you to read the maculiliffe one which has five volumes. Unlike the Archer book i figure which never got open for criticism by the genral sikh public.

we should also read history records with a pinch of salt and with great caution.

We have not written our own history like other nations.... others have written it!

Historians have special agendas and their world-view is different - so please be careful.

In this case of Archer - it seems the British were making up stories using the Guru Sahibaans to weaken the morale of the people of India and for Sikhs and others to accept defeat and that the British were meant to rule India - defending it with these made up stories.

Similarly the British Historians made up stories to say that Maharaja Ranjit Singh's family was cursed by the Sikhs. Maharaja Ranjit Singh built Gurdwaras all across India and he built the Gurdwara Hazoor Sahib - when Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that no Gurdwara should be built where he died because he didn't want the chance that people would come and start worshipping his place of death.

Because Raja Ranjit Singh built the Gurdwara - so he was cursed. THe curse was no member of his family shall survive and all his clan will be wiped out.

The British murdered his family and justified it!

Key point which refutes this story = Sikhs don't believe in CURSING! We believe in praying for someone to realise their mistake and do good!

"Sarbat Da Bhala"

As we sow - we shall reap - Laws of Karam - its all part of Waheguru's Hukam!

Guru Sahibaans or any Gurmukhs never cursed or damned anyone!

Right that we should take books on sikh history with a grain of salt. It should be quite evident. But this story or the book by Maculiffe, I posted has been reviewd by the sikh public before it even got publized in 1901 (50 years before the archer book got publized) . This is different because not many authers let their work to be critized before they publish it.

Regarding the book by archer, I dont intend to read it.

Anyway on your comment that Gurus didnt curse, I would like to remind you of the time when Guru Har Rai cursed his own 'son' Ram Rai to leave the place and never show his face again, when he altered a Gurbani line of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, in order to please the emperor and did 100+ miracles which was also against the command of the Guru.

And if you read Sukhmani Sahib , Cursed is the Saint's Slanderer, There are many curses mentioned to the slanderer of the saint.

Guru Gobind Singh had said noone will construct a monumnet or my statue and worship it or in remembrance of it. It is like idol worship and Guru Ji condemned it. Its totally against the will of the Guru to make temple for the Guru, thats why Ranjit Singh's kingdom got destroyed.

That story is not from the book by the Archer, This is from the Macauliffe book and this book was first published in 1909!. So you can figure out which one the source came from.

There are many books out there that are not accurate, but this book by macauliffe was subject to loads of sikh critics and all the changes were made before it even got published. The account of the story that is given has nothing against the sikhs in it.

Anyway I would recommend you to read the maculiliffe one which has five volumes. Unlike the Archer book i figure which never got open for criticism by the genral sikh public.

93075[/snapback]

Bhai Sahib, if I have offended you Bhul Chuk Maaf pray.gif

I am fully aware of the volumes by Macauliffe and that the reknowned Bhai Kahn Singhji Nabha assisted Macauliffe with his book.

As I work for one of the largest Universities in the UK and that they have numerous libraries dotted around campus. Therefore, I am blessed to have to hand access to first editions that many libraries in the UK dont. (Professor Tolkien [author of the Lord of the Rings] taught at the University :e:).

Bhaiji when providing quotes in future, please provide name of the book, author, volume if applicable, and page number. :TH: