HOw important is Taking Amrit for a Sikh??

Pheena

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for non sikhs i dont concern myself with where they will go...im sure u can be pretty spiritually high and not get reincarnated str8 away, bt i dont think that means saackhand str8 away

all i know is........if u are a sikh......the only way to the guru is first give up fear of death, ego, attatchment, take amrit, naamjaap 24/7 and then u will get mukti....but mukti shud never be the reason for commitment 2 god....

lol learner singh: "agressive knowledge of books".....i remembered a quote from the akj website :umm: ...... thnx for the complement grin.gif

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

N30 Veerjee... First of all if you are talking about the importance of Amrit, here many veerjee's told that guru sahib HUKAM is rehat pyaari mujh ko sikh pyaare nahin and also Guru Sahib's HUKAM is... Rehat bina neh sikh kahaave, rehat bina dar chootan khaave... and what is rehat... pratham rehat eh jaan khande ki pahul chakke...

So without taking Amrit rehat is not complete and without rehat "Dar chootan khaave"

Secondly about ganka, well veerjee u know khande baate ad Amrit was started by Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji and ganka was before that... so you can't argue about Amrit for puratan gursikhs and not that they didn't taken Amrit... they did but before guru gobind singh sahib ji Amrit was not khande baate da but different...

Bhul Chuk di Khima

Daas

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Khalsa is the most effective way but not the only way to go to sachkhand..thats my conclustion...

I agree..

Also, Gurbani says if you remember guru sahib while alive, you can be jeevan mukht, this is why we do naam simran, not only to erase our past misdeeds but also to reach sachkhand while here..

Ganika was most likely saved from the cycles of births and deaths.. (much like suleman was).. gurbani says over and over, if you remember god on your last breath, you will be saved.. this is another reason we do naam simran.. if we are always in rememberance of god, most likely we will think of him when we die, unlike others who may be thinking of family or friends or sex, money etc..

So from what i gather with these points is that ganika was saved, like suleman (from charasi lakh joon) BUT she still has to be born again as human to get a chance at sachkhand.

being saved from births and deaths is different than reaching mukhti or sach khand.. yes you are saved from hell, but not an automatic pass to heaven :umm:

what page of our Guru Granth sahib is the Shaloak about Rehat written on??

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Dear Pheena jee,

Rehat is not written in Guru Granth Sahib ji but yeah every tuk of Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji is rehat for gursikhs.

You can find out rehat in rehatnamma of puratan Gursikhs of guru sahib times...

Daas

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

lol even if there was a blatant "take khanda-de-paul NOW" in the SGGS it wouldnt make a difference to all the people who try to procrastinate from it

if it was in there, it wouldnt go with the universal message of the guru granth sahib which applies to all cultures and religions.

but bhai gurdas varan, rehatnamas and other historical sources make it 100 percent obvious that if you are a sikh the only way to get mukti is through amrit.

and to think that amrit has no affect on spiritual life is very, very silly - people who prepare for it buzz for weeeeeekkkkks afterwards......after all when u get amrit u are given NAAM by the panj.....without naam there is no freedom for a sikh