HOw important is Taking Amrit for a Sikh??

Pheena

Guru ji didn't pick up five deciples but he asked, and it should tell us that he was not forcing or wanted someone to come just because he said so but it was based on their own desire and lets keep the same spirit...

Guru ji encouraged to become khalsa and we should do the same but forcing it on anyone is against guru ji's teaching.

I agree ohmy.gif

:e:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Pheena...

Check out this...

"Living a life according to the Sikh philosophy is loved by me and not the physical appearance of a Sikh". (Rahit piari mujh ko Sikh piara nahen).

Guru ji didn't pick up five deciples but he asked, and it should tell us that he was not forcing or wanted someone to come just because he said so but it was based on their own desire and lets keep the same spirit...

Guru ji encouraged to become khalsa and we should do the same but forcing it on anyone is against guru ji's teaching.

Well said sir. ^_^

Jee,

Guru Gobind Singh Jee said "Rehat pyare mujh ko, sikh pyare nahi"

The rehat or the actual showing of the love is more important to guru sahib than the sikh himself.. guru sahib loves your rehat, not who you are..

you can say oh i love u all you want, but with no commitment or no proof, what love is really there?

so form your understanding, taking Amrit is a way to show commitment??

Guest Akaal108
The whole point of taking Amrit is to get Naam dhi Dhaat.  Without Naam, you are not going to get Brahmgian.  Its as simple as that...unless of course you could tell me of another place where you can get Naam Dhi Dhaat...

gangka papan an prositute who went to sachkhand...even guroo sahib mentioned her in gurooo granth sahib...never received amrit dii dattt...but naam diii dattt...

whole point is ...there is never one way to god...but several..obviously one way is better than another...

Guest Akaal108
Please show me the Tukh where it says she went to Sach Khand.  She certainly had a High Avasthah.  But there are many levels of Avasthas, and not all lead to Sach Khand.

jih simuruth gunukaa see oudhhuree thaa ko jus our dhhaaro ||1|| rehaao ||

Meditating on Him in remembrance, Ganika the prostitute was saved; enshrine His Praises within your heart. ||1||Pause||

Guru Tegh Bahaadur Ji

Raag Sorath

gunukaa paapun hoeikai paapaa(n) dhaa gul haar purothaa||

Gankaa was a sinful prostitute who wore the necklace of misdeeds around her neck.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji

Vaars Bhai Gurdaas

Note: "saved"... my intereperation will be saved from cycles of birth and death..Thus go straight to sachkhand or baaikhunt ...complete peace of mind...

Note: "saved"... my intereperation will be saved from cycles of birth and death..Thus go straight to sachkhand or baaikhunt ...complete peace of mind...

Baikunth is not Sachkhand. Bhaikunth is the abode (heaven) of Vishnu, just as Kailash Parbat is the abode of Shiva, Swarag is the abode of the Devtas, and Brahmpura is the abode of Brahma. But they are far below Sachkhand.

Guest Akaal108

Did u know vir singh,

we also beleive in baikhunt....

You dont know and i dont know where she just went??? .. so no point of arguing... Did u know gangka papan was given updesh by bhramgyani ...naam dii daatt...

point of my post is...you can go to sachkhand without havin amrit...just need naam dii daat for your murshad...but sikhi is much more than that...its about love towards guroo maharaj ...mergin with them in sachkhand...

vaho vahoo guroo gobind singh apie gur chela...

Khalsa is the most effective way but not the only way to go to sachkhand..thats my conclustion...