HOw important is Taking Amrit for a Sikh??

Pheena

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it is not from the SGGS it is from VARAN by BHAI GURDAS.

charan amrit and khanda de paul........in the context of the // it can be either since gurujis amrit was the final institutionalisation of the khalsa and his amrit essentially replaced charan amrit.

i do not consider udhasis sikhs. gurus respected baba sri chand and i dont know what they were like then, but i saw a photo on a website of them now and htey looked rather skummy n scantily dressed to be perfectly honest. they had filth all over their body and had nothing on almost. such a person does not seem to be following the gurus teachings ot me. considering how much guruji advises against pegging it into the forest for mukti, i really dont see them as part of the panth. sorry.

Guest Akaal108

Vir singh,

I dont know about that. I ll do my own research on it. I also heard bhagat kabir sort of knew coming/arrival of guroo maharaj in kalyug but didnt actually have received naam dii dhatt from guroo nanak sahib.

I think this is false. Because baba farid and bhagat kabir had their murshad(guroo/saint/mahapursh) to met with the god. After 36 yrs of searchin and being nirguroo.. finally he(farid) met someone who has met the god and did his seeva for 12 yrs. He got liberated. I got this from the great mahapursh..baba ishar singh maharaj rara sahib tapes...I think i ll take his word for it.

Guest Akaal108

Khalsa Soulja,

Facts are facts. I have done my research. Udhasis are accepted as sikhs in india. They are not accepted in gurdwaras..mostly because of the political reasons.

Takshal, sgpc, rara sahib all consider them sikhs....in fact sant biram das (Which i beleive is an udhasi) was the first bhramgyani that baba ishar singh ji came across with.

Guest learner singh
Can you be liberated without have taken Amrit meaning being an AmritDhari Sikh? Can a SahijDhari Sikh be liberated?? What guarantee is there that the AmritDhari sikh will be liberated??

Bhai Nand lal ji never took Amrit and he was not forced to take it by Guru Gobind singh ji... It should anwser your question.

Amrit is really good stage to consider but don't do it just because some other singh did it. It should come from heart but there is no restriction or less or more sikh if you don't take it.

Guest learner singh

Khalsa Soulja,

I respect your aggressive knowledge of books and you're doing really good on all forums you go to...

Can you find me any reference where Guru Nanak Dev ji called his followers a "Sikh"? Also whats the literal meaning of sikh? If its learner then howcome all those bhagats are not sikhs?

Regards,

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Sadhsangat,

Dont be fooled Bhai Nand Lal Goya did take amrit and became Bhai Nand Lal Singh. I have the tpae of Baba Baljeet Singh Dadoo Sahib reading from what Bhai Nand Singh Jee wrote personally. I will upload this katha it is fantastic.

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Kam1825 Wrote:

..........because the panj pyare tell u on the day of amrit that you are liberated from the cycle of life and death?

Simply speaking sir, your liberation is depended upon the status of your heart and mind, not what was told during the Amrit Ceremoy. If liberation was that easy, i'd be first in line.

Kam1825 Wrote:
..........because the panj pyare tell u on the day of amrit that you are liberated from the cycle of life and death?

Simply speaking sir, your liberation is depended upon the status of your heart and mind, not what was told during the Amrit Ceremoy. If liberation was that easy, i'd be first in line.

OH BUT IT IS!!

Guru sahib made it so easy!!!

Actually its not that easy... amrit is the first step.. yes you are liberated from birth cycles of different animals etc.. BUT as written in dasam bani, and confirmed by reincarnated gursikhs, once you take amrit and stay on the path, if you do not acheive mukhti, guru gobind singh jee said we get 7 more tries as gurmukhs.. we are born into lives where we take amrit and will soon remember our past lives by doing bhagti and have a better chance of attaining mukhti..

amrit does help us breka free of these bonds.. it is written in guru granth sahib so many times.. naam acsends all...

only those who do not know the pleasures of naam will argue against this!

I feel i have come to my own conclusion, Why worry about if i need amrit or not, all i should be concerned with is praising the lord, doing simran n seva. Singing his virtuos. if in this process the desire for taking amrit arises in my heart, i will surely take it, but i will not until i have that desire for it. If he himself has placed me on this path, im sure he will also guide me toward the right direction whether it be taking amrit or not.

I thank you for your thoughts

and NEO ji, i've gotten the first 7 or 9 min of that tape, if u don't mind giving me a link to the rest of it

Waheguru.