..::*GURU NANAK ACADEMY*::..

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guru Nanak Academy

The Gurmat Studies Foundation had a vision of such an institute in North America that would train children, youth, and adults about Sikhism. Through the Guru's blessings that vision has turned into reality with the Guru Nanak Academy. The academy is a place where children and youth learn the basics of Sikhism while training adults to become Sikh preachers.

Our main goal is to educate society about the Sikh Faith and to build preachers for the future. The academy offers courses on Gurmukhi, Gurbani Santhiya, and Santhiya of Larrivar Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Saheb Ji. We have also started a seperate course to train individuals to do katha in our Gurdwaras.

Located in Surrey, B.C. (Canada), the Guru Nanak Academy offers the following courses:

- Gurmukhi

- Kirtan

- Sikh History

- Gurbani Santhiya

- Gurbani Meanings

- Gatka

- Katha Course

The Guru Nanak Academy also runs the Baba Deep Singh Gatka Akhara where students can learn Gatka (Sikh Martial Arts).

For more information or for registration please call:

604-594-3962 or 604-649-6643

We are looking for other individuals who also wish to serve the Panth. If you wish to help out in any way feel free to contact us at academy@gurmatstudies.com

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Surrey has been blessed by Guru Ji on the opening of this new school. We should all take full advantage of this! i heard the classes are in the evenings, and you can choose your days to fit your schedule. I know University is important , but i'm sure we can all adjust our schedules to make it there twice a week, for at least one hour. Sikhi is our 'real' job. It should always come first, and everything else will just fall into place. The academy is located on 128th St. and 86th ave, on the third floor of a 3 story building. There is a sign there. I know the person who started this school, and he is a very Chardi Kala Singh, he has a great vision of getting young Canadian born Sikhs to go around the world and do Katha in english, all backed up by Gurbani. Take advantage, don't miss out (i'm taking 9 classes at University, and i'm going to attend, it's all about time management.) Make sure you all come.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA. WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH