Corrective Surgery

Guest balwinderkaur

Guest balwinderkaur

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I was watching "Extreme Makeover" on tv last Saturday and watching it made me wonder....

1)Would any of you get corrective surgery done if it does not infringe on sikhee requirements(i.e. doesnt involve hair removal or etc)?????

2)Why would you or why wouldn't you????

P.S.: On further contemplation, isn't altering your looks an infrigement of the natural order which sikhs(as far as i know) are supposed to stick to?? Or is keeping our looks natural an option for us to meddle with????

Am just curious to hear sangat's opinions on this matter. :umm: So start answering quickly. The more opinions,the better. :umm:

Hawww, I like my face as it is, thank ju very much.

However i have a small question, weren't there people in Guru ji's time who wanted to change

the way they were? Like people with disability, bad eye sight etc.

I have heared many sakhis where Guru ji did mehar on these ppl and they were cured. So in one

way we could say if we want something like a better nose then we should have faith in waheguru

and the nose will start looking good :umm:

Another way of looking at it is that Waheguru ji is using Doctors to fix ur nose?

Anyways,Mai murakh banda don't know much and wudn't like to change anything of me, except

get few more brain cells added :umm:

Very interesting topic..

It depends whether it's necessary or not.. For ex: if u have really bad eye sight or something which needs to have surgery, then yeah it's fine.. But if one want to have surgery to look more beautiful (like hollywood stuff or jackson) then it's wrong.. Our body is mittey, it won't go with you afterlife, so why need to spend time, $money$ , stress on making it beautiful all ur life.. rite? That's my few cents :e:

Some people get plastic surgery because they are not happy with the way they look. If plastic surgery is a way to boost their sense of self-worth, then by all means plastic surgery is good for self-esteem. If you have positive self-esteem, that may carry over to religion and lead to increased participation. I have had surgery done on my nose due a medical condition, but it wasn't "cosmetic"

penji tell us wot u mean exactly by corrective surgery?

if u mean eye surgery.......if ur asian i wudnt recommend it cuz asian peoples corneas are much thinner than other peoples so laser surgery is really dodgy for them

if u hav bad eyesight there are oriental/yoga exercises to make ur eyesight better!

or if u just mean beautifying yourself.....well.....duh.....NO lol

Guest balwinderkaur

heeheeheeee of course i'm asian. :)hmm wut i meant by corrective surgery was surgery done to correct any deformities such as cleft lips, "pinocchio" noses, teacup shaped ears or teeth that happen to jut out. i think its okay to undergo such surgery if theres a deformity but if its for vanity purposes(e.g. having silicon implants or goodness knows what else) then im totally not supportive of it. :umm:

yeh i see your point

but it gets u thinkin......at wat point is a pinocchio nose (deformity) just a big nose?

where does a deformity that needs to be fixed just become a so called unsightly feature that society has brainwashed u into thinking is "bad"?

maybe in some places in the world a big nose is a sign of lots of gyan or something :umm:

anyways, im pretty normal looking lol (apart from the fact that i think my eyes change colour, no jokes!) so i dnt really know how it feels to have a deformity of some kind.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guru Ji made us what we are, and we should not change the way we look because we stick out from the crowd. We are what we are because of our actions in our previous life, and that we have no right interfering with that. Guru Ji told us to keep our hair because it is natural for our hair to grow, it is part of nature. Then this also means that it is nature how we look like. We might have a wonky nose, or big ears, but again this is nature and we shouldn't change that. No one determines other people by their looks, but on what they are, its their personality that counts, nothing else. I am completely against any type of surgery, let it be corrective surgery or plastic surgery.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!