The SikhSangat forums have grown tremendously over the last 9 years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community. In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us: SikhSangat@live.com. This forum is based on the free speech concept, giving everyone the freedom to express their views and opinions on any subject matter of life. This forum is open to all the persons in the world, regardless of their race, origin, nationality or place of living. Please use the freedom of expression freely knowing your laws and limits. While the topics and posts at this forum are generally considered safe for a mature healthy conversation, due to the nature of some discussions involving war, death, violence, religion, strong language, sexually suggestive jokes among others, it is strongly recommended that you are over 15 and ideally over 18 years of age to participate or browse the forum. You agree to the fact that your country laws allow your age to be legally eligible to join and participate in this discussion forum. If you are less than 15 years of age, it is strongly advised to consult with your parents or guardian before attempting to use this service in any form.
Use of and participation in SikhSangat message boards ("SikhSangat.com") is contingent upon your acceptance of the following terms and rules. By participating in our message boards, you acknowledge your acceptance of these terms. For purposes of this agreement, "Participant" refers to you. "SikhSangat" refers to SikhSangat.com message board.
Disclaimer of Liability / Rights of SikhSangat
- The opinions expressed in the message boards are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of SikhSangat. SikhSangat is not responsible for any materials provided by users which are deemed harmful or offensive to others. SikhSangat is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in these sections of the site. SikhSangat is not responsible for the content of any sites linked to an SikhSangat site.
- SikhSangat makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content in the SikhSangat site or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained therein. All statements, advice and opinions made by Participants in SikhSangat message boards are those of such Participants only, and SikhSangat neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same.
Limitation of Liability - The material provided in this Site is designed for educational purposes only. The discussion forum and bulletin board are for informational and educational purposes only. The Site Owners do not verify the information placed on any discussion forum or bulletin board and, therefore, cannot judge the merits or lack thereof, of any offering, information, suggestions, ideas, opinions or advice. Placements on the discussion forum or bulletin board -- including, but not limited to information, commentaries, materials, products and services -- that, in the sole judgment of the Site Owners appear to violate the Standards of Conduct shall be removed. As an example, the use of discriminatory slurs shall not be permitted. Material placed in discussion forum or bulletin board does not necessarily reflect the views of the Site Owners.
The Site Owners shall have the right to use questions, comments and postings submitted by members in articles, commentaries or other materials both online. No compensation shall be earned, due or payable for such use. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the person posting shall not be posted in the discussion forum or bulletin board (nor software libraries, if applicable) without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. The Site Owners shall not be held responsible for posted information that may violate copyright law. Persons posting messages are responsible for securing appropriate consent forms from copyright owners, prior to the posting of or uploading of copyrighted information, documents or software.
Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below.
- Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is not possible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge and accept that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster and hence will not be held liable. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email SikhSangat@live.com. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. SikhSangat@live.com is our only official contact. All other contacts such as PM will be ignored.
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, racist, threatening, explicit, illegal, fraudulent, porn, sexually-oriented or any other material that may otherwise violate any applicable laws.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
- If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the above terms then please do not access this "Online Discussion Forum". You agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated or amended without prior notice and you agree that it is solely your responsibility to routinely visit this area for notices of modifications to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and how any such modifications may impact your use of the Site. It is your responsibility to review these terms regularly and request for clarification in case of concern. Your continued use of the Site or any of the Services following posting of any changes or modifications to the terms of this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
- SikhSangat is not responsible for interactions that happens between users through discussion forum.
- You agree that your id/username/account will not be deleted after you join with us. We do not delete accounts but we can deactivate them. A lot of members
used to change their mind afterwards and deleting profiles also causes
Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SikhSangat, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated websites and their respective owner, administrators and moderators from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of Participant's use of SikhSangat sites, or arising out of any violation of these Rules of Conduct by Participant including, without limitation, any communication by Participant which is claimed to be defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful, which is claimed to violate the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties, or which constitutes a submission of materials.
If you suspect that you are the target of a prank or other harassment related to a SikhSangat post, please contact us immediately at SikhSangat@live.com (choose the "harassment" in subject line) and ask to have the posting removed. If available, please provide the user ID name and URL for any threads/post/replies related to the issue.
We take cases of abuse and harassment seriously and cooperate fully with law enforcement in prosecuting such cases.
Forum does not collect any identifiable personal information during registration, except for a valid e-mail address. The e-mail address provided by you is used only for confirming your registration details and password, and for sending relevant forum notifications. The notifications sent are with your consent and you can choose anytime to not receive email notifications. The IP address of all posts is recorded. When an account gets deactivated, the data entered by that account (in the form of posts or interacting with the forum e.g. voting on a topic, private messages etc.) may stay in the database. We won't delete accounts once they are created but deactivate them so they are no longer usable. If an account is deleted for any reason, all IP address and other information is erased from the database permanently including private messages, the posted data may however stay under anonymous Guest poster. The administrators may choose to delete all anonymous data without any prior consent. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. Your information for your account at this forum is protected by data-protection laws applicable in United States of America, which is the country that hosts the forum hardware and website. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrators and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. This includes hacking of archived database backup.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities (other than when posting to discussion forums and registering), nor will such information be provided to other persons, except where that is required by law.
Please contact SikhSangat at email@example.com for any content enquiries and the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding this policy.